Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I might be able to take the kayak out for a bit this afternoon so I am curious as to what the condition of the water is after yesterday's storms.

Has anyone seen what the clarity is close to shore? I imagine its like chocolate milk at the moment but am hopeful it is clearing up fast.

Anyway thanks =)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Went out fishing in the upper DR last night for an hour or so 9-10pm, and the water was surprisingly clear. Not sure if it stormed overnight? I think the relatively calm winds lately negated any effect of the storms. It was actually PERFECT for shore fishing (no N wind for a change); wish it wasn't a weeknight and could've stayed out later

For the record, I caught just a goby and lost a very small SM bass at my feet using a white stand-up jig, white twister tipped with crawler. First Goby caught on a jig; guess they'll hit anything...

Also saw a few kayaks out, if that helps.

·
Registered
838 Posts
QUOTE(bassnbrian @ Jul 24 2009, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello everyone.

I might be able to take the kayak out for a bit this afternoon so I am curious as to what the condition of the water is after yesterday's storms.

Has anyone seen what the clarity is close to shore? I imagine its like chocolate milk at the moment but am hopeful it is clearing up fast.

Anyway thanks =)

Im just off the lake on a canal and it looks pretty clear out there. I don't think the rain has much of an effect on water clarity, more the wind than anything and it was an offshore wind during the majority of the little storms so it shouldn't have muddied it up too bad. My canal's usually a pretty good indicator for how the lake is and I can see the bottom in 4 1/2 foot plain as day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.