Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a great forum!
I am just curious... after fishing for pike on Walpole Island (shallow bays) for years, we are trying the Michigan side this year. Muscamoot is still too shallow, at least where I want to fish. I have tried the South Channel a lot already just to see when the fish would start in areas we never used to fish until July. Got our first walleye Saturday, along with a couple small pike and a couple smallmouth - a big surprise. Question - the water temp is 46 in the channel. Is that usual for the middle of May? Seems very cold to me...

Second question - Everybody says the water level will be up this year. Right now it is only a inch higher than it was all during April, and only 2 inches higher than May of last year. Is this normal? I sure hope the experts are right.

There have been a couple small boats out on Muscamoot. Has anybody found fish out there yet?

·
Registered
35 Posts
blue heron i read that we will not see the highest water level increase until mid-summer.
i fished gino's to the pointe this weekend, caught a few smallies. heard radio traffic saying about the same.
only good report was perch near bouy 26 on canadian side on worms.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts