Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the ice is gone from our canals (Harrison Township, MI), it looks like we lost about a foot. There also dredging the mouth of Metro Beach (Black Creek)
due to the low water levels.

Attachments

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(dimax @ Mar 30 2003, 07:31 PM)When???
Sometime between now and the second coming of Christ.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Maybe we should put a dam some where? Or hire some Indains To give every one at LSCN some lessons on rain dancing ?Pray for rainy April...P.S ONLY DURING THE WEEK...And alot of It..

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ Mar 30 2003, 08:46 PM)QUOTE(dimax @ Mar 30 2003, 07:31 PM) When???
Sometime between now and the second coming of Christ.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I was walking around Metro Beach yesterday and asked the guys about their dredging. I've never seen them do it the way they are doing it.
Instead of actually dredging they are pumping sand from the channel all the way over to the beach. Pretty cool looking.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Went up to Mackinaw City Saturday and there was clear water about one mile east of the bridge. From there west the lake is still frozen over. We spent the weekend at Bay Harbor and Little Traverse Bay is completely frozen over all the way to Harbor Springs and as far out as you can see from a third floor condo.

Bay Harbor is quite the boaters paradise. They have condo slips for only $250,000. Might get two at that price! Worth checking out if you haven't seen it. It's supposed to be the most exclusive resort in the mid-west. They still have plenty of lots to build on, lakefront starts at $1.5 million. We stayed in a condo that was only $350K for 1100 square feet. Place is spectacular but a little rich for my blood.

·
"Commodore of the ToT LoT"
2,809 Posts
Rico,
The Free Press had a small section just inside the front page by Jerry Hodak today. I couldn't find it online but went something like this..... Even know we had decent snow and ice this past winter, we still had a dry fall and start of winter(water down a lot).....soooo unless we have a wet spring expect water levels to be down from last year!!! Sorry I couldn't quote exactly but you get the gist.

Storm,
Me and Sociable trailered last year to Lake Charlevoix and spent time in Bay Harbor by water. What a Beautiful place.....definitely a favorite of mine!!!!

XO

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hi Scott,
Hope you had a good winter! I'm going to have to go back during the season to truly appreciate it. The condo was magnificently appointed and decorated with a spectacualr view of the lake. At night the stars were brilliant and you could see the lights of Harbor Springs clearly.

Looking forward to seeing you out on the lake this summer!

Marty

PS
Finally found a job in my field after 2 1/2 years of looking, at Fanuc. Will start in two weeks as a Senior Project Engineer.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
ALERT!!! Due to lower water levels the usual gathering location in Muscamoot Bay will not be accessible. A new location has been determined after carefully examining the charts, water datum, current low water marks, and Army Corp of Engineer data. The attached map will guide you to the new location. Please print and distribute as this area may not be readily noticeable upon entry into the bay.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Talk to my cousin up in Houghton-Hancock theother day. They got 36" of new snow in a 24 hour period.
I for one, cant write off levels equal to last year, just yet.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
QUOTE(Patriot @ Apr 2 2003, 05:04 PM)http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/data/now/wlevels...ls/mh_sc_cl.gif

Looking at the chart Patriot posted, looks likeall the lakes shown are down about the smae amount right now. I think we are going to have a great year, regardless.

Jim

The levels will be there. Just you watch and sea.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts