Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A water-main break in Macomb County led to several school closings Tuesday morning.

The water-main break occurred around 2:30 a.m. at 24 Mile Road and North Avenue and is affecting water pressure in five communities, Local 4 reported. Lennox Township and Chesterfield Township reportedly have no water, while New Haven, Macomb Township and Shelby Township are experiencing low water pressure.

The water-pressure problem has led to the closure of two dozen schools in Macomb County.

Some residents are being told to boil their water as a precaution, Local 4 reported.

Detroit water crews are at the scene. The area of the water main break has been blocked off as crews work to make repairs. It is expected to take a couple of days before it is fixed, according to Local 4.

Click on Detoit.com

·
Registered
765 Posts
We live in New Baltimore and it didn't affect us. The kids were bummed that all the schools around us were closed except for theirs.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Yeah, my sister-in-law in Chesterfield has to come over with my nieces and nephew to bathe them while we're not going to be home tonight.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
that happened to me when i lived in that hell-hole apartment. at first we all thought they didn't pay the water bill! lol!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Woo Hoo! Go NB! I am so glad we have our own water system!

No need for my sister to come over, she is boiling pots of water....The kids are all bummed that they can't come over and take a bath in Auntie Jills tub tonight now, since they can take one in their own now...

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ May 18 2004, 09:39 AM)The kids are all bummed that they can't come over and take a bath in Auntie Jills tub tonight now, since they can take one in their own now...
PHEW!

At least we won't have Noah running around, picking his nose and wiping it on the throw pillows.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ May 18 2004, 08:56 AM)QUOTE(Boss @ May 18 2004, 09:39 AM) The kids are all bummed that they can't come over and take a bath in Auntie Jills tub tonight now, since they can take one in their own now...
PHEW!

At least we won't have Noah running around, picking his nose and wiping it on the throw pillows.

Don't forget spilling iced tea and spitting on the couch!

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
No water for us this morning <_<
My daughter is home from school too. She is very pleased

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Didn't effect my home, but David Koss (Director of Water & Sewage) called me at work at 5 am to inform me that most of the schools in that area were without water which made my job a real pain in the arse this morning.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ May 18 2004, 10:03 AM)
Don't forget spilling iced tea and spitting on the couch!
Why is that funny?

And we didn't leave any Iced Tea out, that's why I didn't mention it.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ May 18 2004, 09:56 AM)QUOTE(Boss @ May 18 2004, 09:39 AM) The kids are all bummed that they can't come over and take a bath in Auntie Jills tub tonight now, since they can take one in their own now...
PHEW!

don't worry, your children will never do that!!!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ May 18 2004, 10:23 AM)don't worry, your children will never do that!!!!
They won't!

2 words: Duct Tape

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Water pressure was really low this morning at around 5:45am. but was able to shower just fine. it was a bit worse than in August when lawns are dry and all my neighbors are watering like crazy in the morning.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts