Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever been to Waterpallozza at Crystal Bay? Me and Jim are considering it. How about all the ins and outs. Any problems since it is in Canada?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Ok, I can only tell you from my experience. I went last year just the Friday night and it was pretty quiet. I hear it gets wild on Saturday and Sunday though.

The water is deep, no walking around. It could be a blast you just need a bunch of boats rafted together for the weekend.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
It's usually over Labor Day weekend, right? In the past, bands would play on barges and lots of boats would be rafted in the bay.

About 5-10 years ago, Crystal Bay was rocking on any weekend. It's smaller than Muscamoot, but there would be 200-300 boats rafted there. The water is deeper (about 7-10 ft.) and colder. A "food boat" with a grill had burgers, dogs, ice cream, etc. and would float thru the rafts selling stuff.

We ran down two years ago on an overcast Saturday. There were about 10 boats in the bay. We were stopped by the OPP and told to call in from a land line. I think the nearest land line is Duffy's restaurant. We said, "pass" and ran back to Metro.

I've heard the OPP is continuing to crack down, but not as bad. It's Canadian water, so make sure you follow their rules regarding drinking and boating. Also, I think if you have a CanPass, you don't have to call from a land line.

Let us know!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
SHHHHEEEEEIIIIITTTTT YEAH!! it is a party!
funny-i was going thru old tshirts throwing old ones away and came across my waterpalooza one...LMAO!!! i kept it! lol! this was just 5 days ago!

it is a BLAST!! duffy's is so fun too, and it's wierd being so close to the now defunct boblo island. i have had some SERIOUSLY INSANE party days there...holy crap. HOLY CRAP!!

crystal bay has always been a blast. then again, i always had a great host.

in my opinion...go. definatly go.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
I'd say no, the Waterpalloza hasn't happened to my knowledge in the past 2-3 years. The OPP has put the brakes on that. There is no barge with bands and the crowd is not what it used to be. There will be boaters there for sure but it is in Canada so make sure you check in and know the laws there. Stay to the side when entering and leaving, about one third to half way into the bay, in the middle from either side is a massive rock that chewed up both my props, i went and stood on it and from the looks of the scrapes and amounts of metal on the top of the rock, it has chewed up many many boats.

My opinion is just go to the moot, it will be much more happening.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Here is the Detroit News article on it from 1997, I didn't go that year, that was the year that Princess Diana died. I went the next year and it was crazy, I think 1999 was the last year an actual organized event took place.

·
Registered
83 Posts
the OPP will check your boat to see if you have a head and if you dont they will take ALL
your beer
i have seen this in crystal bay more than once)

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Boy, I haven't thought about THAT party in a while!
Ditto on CK's thoughts . . . THE WILDEST PARTIES I've "EVER" BEEN TO!!
The major sponsor was EAGLE TRAILERS. In the photo above you'll see a 75' Hatteras in the center. That was the owner of EAGLE TRAILER's boat, Bob ???. Can't remember his last name. Always had the HOTTEST GIRLS dancing on his boat!!

It died a few years back when Bob moved to FL and the OPP moved in & killed the craziness.

Thanks for the rememberies, at least what I CAN remember!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
We were there a few years ago and it was a blast.

Also, isn't there a jobbie nooner down that way this year? I thought I read on the jobbie nooner site that they had 4 this year, but since I am at work, I can't get into that sight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts