Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
The ice is stacked up between Marysville & Port Huron. The cutters have been going up & down trying to keep a channel open, but it closes as soon as they pass. There is a freighter anchored in the river on the south end of Port Huron, waiting to get through. I sure hope they can free everything up before they have to run cutters down the North Channel!

·
Registered
11,047 Posts

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
This was my well last week:
Water Snow Freezing Wood Bridge

The line on the pole in the foreground (hard to see) is very close to touching the water in the summer. It is around 3 feet from the ice right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
QUOTE(Roxy @ Feb 21 2010, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just watched the Risley and Mackinaw break through north of St. Clair. Now the waters rising....

I drilled a hole in the ice on the Salt River this afternoon. Approx 12 inches of ice and 6 or 7 inches of water before mud. I've not seen it this low in ages. Watch out when the S.C.R. breaks loose.

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
QUOTE(sidelite @ Feb 25 2010, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The water came "up" about 5"-6" at MacRays' as of Wednesday. Hopefully some MORE soon.

Now, does the ice come up as well or is there open water there and the water is over top of the ice? Because I would think that the ice would not budge with these temps.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Feb 25 2010, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(sidelite @ Feb 25 2010, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The water came "up" about 5"-6" at MacRays' as of Wednesday. Hopefully some MORE soon.

Now, does the ice come up as well or is there open water there and the water is over top of the ice? Becasue I would think that the ice would not budge with these temps.

The folks at MacRay had cut holes in the ice. So the water should be over the ice in places.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts