Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are the waves out there today? Where would be the calmer water today? I.m thinking about taking the wife and daughter out today and the wife gets a little sick and nervous if it gets rough out there. Out of Crocker or Southriver launch where would be a good place to do some tubing or swimming for my daughter? Thx Dominic

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,543 Posts
QUOTE(Dominator @ Jun 20 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How are the waves out there today? Where would be the calmer water today? I.m thinking about taking the wife and daughter out today and the wife gets a little sick and nervous if it gets rough out there. Out of Crocker or Southriver launch where would be a good place to do some tubing or swimming for my daughter? Thx Dominic

Hey Dom book mark this link it has all your info

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=45147

·
Registered
310 Posts
QUOTE(mark352 @ Jun 20 2009, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Dominator @ Jun 20 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How are the waves out there today? Where would be the calmer water today? I.m thinking about taking the wife and daughter out today and the wife gets a little sick and nervous if it gets rough out there. Out of Crocker or Southriver launch where would be a good place to do some tubing or swimming for my daughter? Thx Dominic

Hey Dom book mark this link it has all your info

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=45147

something's whacked with those bouy readings. The one the link takes you to (a canadian bouy) records a much lower wind than the other readings taken at the St. Clair light, just a few miles away, and on the shore near 10 mile. The canadian bouy is the only one with water data, but even then what it records might be a lot different than what you would find along the western or northern areas of the lake, especially with a west wind like today.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx for the info. I book marked it. WE just got back in. It was a test run. The waves weren't bad. They got worse the farther out you went because of the West wind. We had fun. Thx Dominic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts