Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I used Meguiars cleaner and carauba wax # 50 to clean it up, then I finished with Starbright Teflon Polish and buffed out with a wheel. The boat looked great!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used McGuires 3 step last year & it looked OK. This year I used some 3M oxidation remover & wax-what a difference. I went over the hull 1 time real good instead of 3 times with nthe McGuires & it looks alot better this year. I'll do the topside after I put it in the water. I've had alot of people tell me that 3M products work better than McGuires.
Jerry

·
Registered
622 Posts
For the bottom(if you dont have bottom paint yet) pure carnuba is a good way to go...all I need to get it clean at the end of the season was Turtlewax brand wash, and it all came off and was shinny and no discolorization. That wash puts a little wax on so its clean when you un-wrap it in spring. But topside, Jabber, and Smooth are right. Going on my 3rd season and so signs of bottom paint need. K-O-W or F

G

·
I used to use Collonite Fleetwax which worked good but was kind of hard to remove. I used Meguires Flagship last year and was happy with it. On and off fairly easy and lasts.

·
12,052 Posts
I have used meguires for years, but this year with my top side oxidized I used a new 3m product. Mike's marine has it in a black round bottle (retail $33.) Imperial compound. It is a combination of finess-it and a compound. I just used meguires yellow wax after and what a difference. Those of you at metro the last three weeks when I was there wheeling know how good it works.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Meguiar's Flagship (in the black bottle with the BIG price tag!). On by hand, take it off with a Craftsman orbital buffer. Looked great and held up well...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts