Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
we had cocktails and dreams out for a great and much needed boat ride today. you could just smell spring in the air. the ice fishermen were freaking as we drove by about 100 feet from them... thanks dave

jason r called me this morning and started laughing at me about how i was at work and he was at metro on the docks having a beer. you should have heard him when i called him back later in the day from the back deck of C&D cruising down the river... checkmate...

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I know the feeling. It was great today. We headed down to the marina to check the slip and over to storage to get on the boat. My son and I couldnt resist laying out in the well. Now, if we only had the boat under us...........................

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
the ice fisherman may have literally been freaking out wondering about the stability of the ice after they saw a boat go by. Open lake for everyone to enjoy though, but I sure as he!! wouldn't have been out there ice fishing on the lake with all this warm weather lately.

Cute pic of the snow angels on the ice

·
"Commodore of the ToT LoT"
2,809 Posts
QUOTE(Pandora @ Feb 29 2004, 10:11 PM)we had cocktails and dreams out for a great and much needed boat ride today. you could just smell spring in the air. the ice fishermen were freaking as we drove by about 100 feet from them... thanks dave
You guys crack me up....that's Hilarious!!!

XO

·
Sponsor since Sep. 08
488 Posts
QUOTE(Pandora @ Feb 29 2004, 10:11 PM)we had cocktails and dreams out for a great and much needed boat ride today. you could just smell spring in the air. the ice fishermen were freaking as we drove by about 100 feet from them... thanks dave
We might have to do another ride this weekend, we beerly touched the beer that you brought. After you left, I went over and got the free case of beer from Mariners Boat Club. So C & D is stocked and ready to go!

Props will be changed today, so we might even be able to go out in the lake and chase icebergs!

I have to look for a picture of one that I found a few years ago, I will post it if I find it.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
let me know if you need help with the props. give me a call. no prob about the beer, i'll be back for one soon i'm sure. but watch out for the beef jerky i left, i don't want any animals out there to find it. it was in the back port side.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
QUOTE(Cocktails&Dreams @ Mar 1 2004, 07:23 AM)Props will be changed today, so we might even be able to go out in the lake and chase icebergs!

I have to look for a picture of one that I found a few years ago, I will post it if I find it.
Not seeing too many bergs coming down the St. Clair River by me Dave. Keep in mind that starting today it's supposed to be a couple blow days in a row. Should bust up Huron.
I imagine quite an ice jam here in Algonac this week.
When's the Pilot House cruise this year?

·
LSCN Sponsor
142 Posts
I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I saw Cocktails and Dreams on the Clinton River in front of Markley's with people ice fishing at the mouth to one of the canal's that leads to the river. Boy if that doesn't give you the itch to get the boat in what will? Too bad I didn't have a camera it was definitely worth a picture!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
We might have to do another ride this weekend, we beerly touched the beer that you brought. After you left, I went over and got the free case of beer from Mariners Boat Club. So C & D is stocked and ready to go!

Props will be changed today, so we might even be able to go out in the lake and chase icebergs!

I have to look for a picture of one that I found a few years ago, I will post it if I find it. [/quote]
iceberg straight ahead!
i was onboard for that last ice berg outing... March 10 '01.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
one thing that was cool yesterday being feb 29, i can say that i have been boating in every month of the year here in michigan... next year it will be in my boat...

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Does the Harsens Island ferry count?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
we were joking about telling him to get the hell out of the way, that was our canal we had to go down to get back to the well...

·
Registered
2,515 Posts

jason r called me this morning and started laughing at me about how i was at work and he was at metro on the docks having a beer. you should have heard him when i called him back later in the day from the back deck of C&D cruising down the river... checkmate...

That is way too funny!! Got any pics???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts