Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeff never joined us online, but was a regular at TNT's & most of our outings.

Deaths in and around Macomb County: Jeffrey F. Belko

Jeffrey F. Belko, 39, of Harrison Township, died Saturday, May 17, 2003, in his home. He was born Feb. 7, 1964, in Detroit.

Mr. Belko was a fishing lure designer and president of Stalker Fishing Lure Company. He formerly owned Pro Bait and Tackle Shop.

Relatives described him as one of the finest muskie fishermen on Lake St. Clair who was formally trained by Homer LeBlanc. A 1982 graduate of Sterling Heights High School, he will be missed by his dogs, Little Baby, Nikki and Cujo.

He is survived by his best friend, Pam Rudy; children, Jeffrey and Kelly Belko; parents, Frank and Betty Belko; brothers, Steve (Mari) and Brian (Sandra) Belko; grandmother, Leona Balcer; and nieces and nephews, Nicole, Steven, Caitlin and Troy.

A funeral service will be held Wednesday in St. Peter Catholic Church, 98 New Street (at Market), Mount Clemens, with the Rev. Michael Cooney officiating. Call (586) 826-8550 for time of service. Burial will be in Resurrection Cemetery, Clinton Township.

Visitation is 3-9 p.m. Tuesday, with an evening Scripture reading, in Wujek-Calcaterra & Sons, 36900 Schoenherr (at Metro Parkway), Sterling Heights. Share memories with the family at www.WujekCalcaterra.com.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Sorry to hear Steve. Boy - you guys have had some major blows this year so far.
I hope it's good news from here on out.....

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends. It's been a tough month for you guys. Hope things turn around soon.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ May 19 2003, 02:20 PM)Sorry to hear Steve. Boy - you guys have had some major blows this year so far.
I hope it's good news from here on out.....
Steve, we are so sorry to hear this.
We feel for you, klicky, and family...
I hope we all can pray for the family and friends.
I hope your ok steve.

Eddie

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
OMG - that's horrible man. Tell Dave how sorry we all are.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
No way, I can't believe this. I was just talking to him Friday night at Johnny G's w/Klicki. How incredibly sad.
Do you know the cause or what happened Steve?

My thoughts and prayers are with family and friends of Jeff.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone.

Dave will be checking the board, so will be recvg your wishes first hand.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Saw it here online and in the Macomb Daily today.

I just met Jeff this past winter at Steve's Bar and we had the chance to tip a few together. He invited me into his home and we were actually discussing going into business together with Stalker Lures.

We had so much in common with our love of fishing and music (the group Yes is our favorite band).

I will miss him dearly and am still kicking myself for not calling him Friday afternoon. I will regret that forever.

My deepest condolences for his family and friends, especially Pam, Dave and Steve.....

I know there are few pictures of him from a TNT's night.....the night he reeked of gasoline after he ran out.....

Mini

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
QUOTE(John Maniaci @ May 19 2003, 02:38 PM)I will miss him dearly and am still kicking myself for not calling him Friday afternoon. I will regret that forever.

Stacey you just saw him Friday night too? Whoa.

Just a total bummer all the way around......

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ May 19 2003, 02:41 PM)QUOTE(John Maniaci @ May 19 2003, 02:38 PM) I will miss him dearly and am still kicking myself for not calling him Friday afternoon. I will regret that forever.

Stacey you just saw him Friday night too? Whoa.

Just a total bummer all the way around......
Yep, just Friday night talked with Jeff (& Dave K.) he even remembered my name. Johnny G's and Post Mt Cl.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Jeff was a super nice very sincere and genuine guy. Cannot say I knew him that well but have had the pleasure to be around him 3 or 4 times. All I can say is that it's really nice to be around people who you know have no agenda and are just there to have a good time and bring a little joy to those around them. This is a damn shame Dave and I really sincerely hope things get better. My condolences to you and your entire family.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
wow! So sorry to hear about the loss of Jeff. Dave- you have had a tough run of it lately, I am so sorry and my thoughts and prayers go out to you all. This really makes me realize how short life really is.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts