Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the thing I fear most. I want to have nice pictures, and not go broke. So... I would appreciated your advice.

Who should I not consider?
Who should be at the top of my list?
What is the going rate?

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
www.parkerphotographic.com

Chris Parker, he is excellent and reasonably priced. I think wedding packages are around $2400, which is not the lowest, but not high at all.

Ask anyone on this board that have seen my wedding pictures, they will tell you he is incredible. My wedding book is not like anything that anyone has ever seen. Just very cool and he is really nice and easy to work with. We just got really lucky with him, since we had no video, he was all we had. I'd pay double for him today if I had to. I'll show them to you if you like one day. His website shows great pictures too though.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
CALL PEGLEGG, HE MAY KNOW OF SOME GOOD PHOTOGRAPHERS, HE HAS SOME AS WELL I BELIEVE, BUT HE HAS BEEN DOING THIS ALONG TIME AND CAN PROBABLY GIVE YOU SOME GOOD ADVICE, GOOD NAMES.
586 491-8888

I COULD GIVE YOU THE NUMBER OG THE PEOPLE I HAD BOOKED AT ONE TIME TOO, THEY SEEMED PRETTY NICE, GOOD, ECT..

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Mar 12 2004, 02:28 PM)CALL PEGLEGG, HE MAY KNOW OF SOME GOOD PHOTOGRAPHERS, HE HAS SOME AS WELL I BELIEVE, BUT HE HAS BEEN DOING THIS ALONG TIME AND CAN PROBABLY GIVE YOU SOME GOOD ADVICE, GOOD NAMES.
586 491-8888

I COULD GIVE YOU THE NUMBER OG THE PEOPLE I HAD BOOKED AT ONE TIME TOO, THEY SEEMED PRETTY NICE, GOOD, ECT..
Definately call Pegleg.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(smokeater @ Mar 12 2004, 02:45 PM)Doesn't CBJ do weddings???? He is after all, a charter member of the board and the King of Tuesdays... LOL
CBJ and Pegleg are brothers. CBJ does almost all the "leg"work and Pegleg does all the "office" work. Because Pegleg is "in the office" he has all the contacts. Their company does not take stills, only video.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hello! How exciting - all the planning for the big day!!
Wetbar and I used Double Exposure Photography. They were out of Sterling Heights, they've since moved to Rochester. Their # is 248-656-7787. They did our wedding in 1997 and do no advertising, just referrals and they book fast! Obviously - judging by their name, the do beautiful double exposure photographs. Just ask any of our friends, we always get compliments on how beautiful our pics are. (Right CBJ? Just don't TOUCH the picture frames anymore
)
After we got married - the next 6 people I referred them to used them. My friends have used Mark, Dennis (co-owner) and the lady that works for them. We used Mark. Have had not one person complain. The pics are all centered, etc. I hate to say it but after using them I've found few peoples who's wedding pics can compare. I told Dave when we were planning the wedding that I wanted money spent on pictures to capture our day! I don't regret spending the money at all. In 1997 we spent over $2,500 but that was a big, inclusive package. I have no idea what there prices are now. I recommend you look into them! Diane is Dennis's wife. She'll seem overly nice on the phone - but that is just her - she is way friendly!
Hope you give them a call! Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Hey Emily!!

I would definitly check into Moneyshots photographer. Her pictures were great! Her photographer, in my opinion, did an excellent job!!
I will not even give you the name of my photographer

·
Registered
34 Posts
I used BAK Photography....I still haven't gotten the prosthetic for my left arm, but they were good! The marriage on the other hand was not...divorced now, how about I sell you my album and we just dub in your face?! Stay away from Edwards on Telegraph...any "good photographer is going to be pricy, it's like a good pair of prada's...you just can't go cheap on wedding photos!

Congrats by the way!

Giddy G~

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
wahoooo! gonna have to keep an eye on this thread for myself for 'the wedding belles'!

tonia's creative photography does really good stuff, too. www.tonyascreativephotography.com she's out of waterford. REALLY impressive stuff. she does that 'photojournalistic' stuff as well as the posed settings.

where you thinking about for the reception, girlie?

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Mar 12 2004, 04:42 PM)where you thinking about for the reception, girlie?
Reception will be at Zuccaros.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
oooooooooooooooooooooooh!!! VERY nice!

either location is fabulous.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
We'll be at the bigger on on Gratiot. Girlie and I met there, and my brother is the head chef there, so it was an easy decision.
Plus, AMS built their website!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
peak audio dj's would be my pick, right fatcatt?

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
We used fox too , thought they were ok..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts