Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time out in 2 weeks. Hit the water with the nephew about 10:30am. Trolled the areas that produced for me in the past, 18 fow about 4 miles off of Huron Pointe (Metro Park). Started with a nice breeze and slight chop but ended up with calm winds and flat seas once the clouds cleared out. As usual, we trolled holographic harnesses on 1.5oz BB's between 1.5-1.9mph. If I had a dollar for every rock bass we caught I'd be rich! In between the hordes of rockbass and dink perch we did manage 2 walleye and 19 perch for the dinner table. Also caught and released a Northern Pike. Went through 12 dozen night-crawlers by 4:30pm and called it a day.
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Grass Hat

Wood Cemetery Grass Sculpture Flooring

Water Sky Shorts Cloud Vertebrate

Water Sky Shorts Cloud Vertebrate

Attachments

·
3,236 Posts
Ever try gulp? When you have a good bite like that cut about an inch of the gulp crawler off the top of it. Take an inch of worm and start that on the hook with the gulp behind it. Has the smell of real meat and the look of a real crawler but will last a ton longer than a real worm.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(propwash @ Aug 14 2009, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice job! You buy you crawlers wholesale?????????

I would but never know when I can make it out fishing. To prevent having to store that many in the fridge I usually buy 12 dozen from the local baitshop on the way out fishing. He usually throws in an extra dozen.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Tony @ Aug 14 2009, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ever try gulp? When you have a good bite like that cut about an inch of the gulp crawler off the top of it. Take an inch of worm and start that on the hook with the gulp behind it. Has the smell of real meat and the look of a real crawler but will last a ton longer than a real worm.

I have used Gulp crawlers on harnesses in the past but not with a piece of real crawler. Sounds like a good tip. I'll have to save the short chewed up crawler pieces from all those rockbass and dink perch and use them with a Gulp crawler after running out of whole crawlers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.