Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I just have a very simple and quick question concering a weed line. The area I am talking about is out in front of the Harley launch. I've heard, and been told by a few people that there is a weed line somewhere between 10-14 FOW in that area, and points just south of there. Could somebody please possibly help me to locate this weed line on the MC map of LSC? I would greatly apreciate any help in locating this feature. I've been trying for a little while now, and cannot seem to pin point its location.
Thanks alot everybody!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Use your sonar man! That's what I always use when looking for edges.
As for the depth I dont think it gets 14' deep anywhere near harley even out toward the red buoy way out there. 13 maybe but 14 I seriously doubt it.

My advice would be to go out to the end of the double buoys and creep along south doing a zig zag pattern. keep a real close eye on the sonar and you should easily find it. Tossing a jig helps to. let it hit the bottom and if you pull up weeds you haven't found the edge yet.

Try the zig zag thing heading south between 42 35' 32"/82 54' 40" and 42 35' 10"/82 45' 43"
It around there some where

hope this helps

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Hey Heimskr,
Nice to see someone give Storm an answer. I am still looking, but your information was appreciated! I don't think he has sonar yet, but good info for when he does.

Thanks!

Tight lines!

·
Registered
958 Posts
QUOTE(propwash @ Jul 11 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Heimskr,
Nice to see someone give Storm an answer. I am still looking, but your information was appreciated! I don't think he has sonar yet, but good info for when he does.

Thanks!

Tight lines!

Hmmm. Well I have a garmin 140 that I'll sell for dirt cheap. It came with my new boat and I upgraded it. So it's just sitting on my workbench in the garage.

If not here is a pic of the area that I think it's in. Next time I'm out I'll hit it a bit and find the line. With my SI it wont take but a pass or 2 and I'll let you know.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Stormchaser. Are you sure you're not talking about the waters out snd south of the spillway?thats the only 14' depths I see in the area. ( looking at "marine cruiser".)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts