Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Week day jet run?

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Convincor 
#1 ·
Anyone on here ever have a week day Jet run get together? I would love to do some after work running with a group say, like on a Wednesday or something like that. We could put together a place to meet. A course to run through the flats. Then maybe dinner some where. What do you fellow PWC/Jetboaters think?

#3 ·
Is the Basset still closed off to PWC? That would be a nice evening ride, come through the Baltimore cut to the sni, cut into fisher Bay and over to Browns, under the culvert to Riverside, and through the Basset out into the lake...
I did a similar run on the dinghy last week and had a blast, but didn't have time to go through the Basset but I have been wanting to get back in there, one of my favorite spots on the lake.

#4 ·
QUOTE(Laguna @ Jul 27 2009, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is the Basset still closed off to PWC? That would be a nice evening ride, come through the Baltimore cut to the sni, cut into fisher Bay and over to Browns, under the culvert to Riverside, and through the Basset out into the lake...
I did a similar run on the dinghy last week and had a blast, but didn't have time to go through the Basset but I have been wanting to get back in there, one of my favorite spots on the lake.

whats/where is the Basset?

#6 ·
Yes, there are still signs posted at both north and south ends of the Bassett Channel stating "no PWC's". I will be the first to admit that when I had my XP I did go through there during the week and never ran into John Q. Law. However I don't think it would be a good idea to run a bunch of PWC's in there at one time. Just in case someone catches wind of us out there.

#7 ·
Who would have the rights to say "no PWCs" for the channel? Is there anywhere else on the lakes or rivers where PWCs are banned?

I think it would be great, but I'm in 'sleepers' camp.. gotta get the engine fixed on mine before I could join the group!

#8 ·
QUOTE(KMC @ Jul 29 2009, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Who would have the rights to say "no PWCs" for the channel? Is there anywhere else on the lakes or rivers where PWCs are banned?

I think it would be great, but I'm in 'sleepers' camp.. gotta get the engine fixed on mine before I could join the group!

Well, it is Canadian territory and secondly it is an Indian reservation. I don't know if that gives them the right to post that, but it does make it different I guess. I would like to find out if it truly is a Canadian rule against PWC's or not.

#11 ·
QUOTE(JoHnBoY @ Jul 30 2009, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'v always wanted to go do a ride in Canada, but I have no
idea about what I gotta do with customs, the no wake laws ect..

someone told me as long as you don't anchor you don't have to call in.. I don't even know who to call in to...

That is true. As long as you dont anchor is fine. Technically if you get out and stand next to your ride you have touched Canada and have to call in. But, if you are out in the middle of the lake or in a place that no one is around I wouldn't worry about it. Hopefully we can get some weekday running in August. We gotta cram some great boating into August for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.