Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, fishing could sure be better. Trolled between 400 club and beacon friday evening. One nice perch, one small perch, and one small largemouth. Saturday, trolled along the shipping channel around marker 30. One small silver bass, one huge silver bass(12"+), and one 17" walleye. Sunday, fished between ford cove gpyc. One sheephead, about 5lb, one nice size rock bass. Then went to the dumps. Drifted a while, had something on giving a good fight. Caught a glimpse of it before it took a dive and broke my line. Over 2' long, guessing a small muskie. All fish caught on harnesses w/bottom bouncers. Various colors, but chartruese and red/white did the best. I'd like to find some easy fishing. Don't have to be big, just easy to catch. Like a nice school of perch. My little nephew is visiting for a couple weeks. Like to get him on some fish. Good fishing to all

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thanks for the report, JOM. IT's been slow here, too. I'm hoping things'll heat up with the end of the fishfly hatches. The fish seem to be real scattered lately. Hard to locate. I know I've been burning a lot of gas trying my fav spots.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This past weekend I only noticed the fishflies being a problem onshore, unlike previous weekends. Our problem were the little nats (that's what they look like to me). I know a couple people that have done well on the canadian side, between belle river hump and thames. I don't have a canadian license, so I'll keep trying those 3 areas. I plan trying the dumps again this weekend (weather permitting). Have to go early though. Rough ride sunday afternoon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts