Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Fri: 72/55 NW @11-13mph G18 Generally cloudy, with sunshine possible.

Sat: 73/57 NW @3-7mph Mostly sunny.

Sun: 78/56 NNW @8-10mph Mostly sunny.

LSC Wind Forecast

Normal High: 81 Normal Low: 61
Record High: 98 (1966) Record Low: 45 (1971)

Sunrise: 5:58AM
Sunset: 9:12PM

July Lunar Tables

Current Barometer as of 10:55AM: 30.02" (1017.3 mb)

Water temperature at Belle Isle is 69 degrees.

Current LSC satellite image as of 12:22PM 7/3/2009:

Water Water resources Branch Natural landscape Body of water

A look at what's ahead.

Today will be "fishable", and a bit warmer. The weekend looks fantastic, so everybody enjoy it, and happy 4th of July!

NOTE: Due to the fact that the clouds have decided to not leave yet, there are currently no current visible satellite shots of the lake since June 28. As soon as I get a clear shot, I will post it and update this post.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Conditions look perfect today (though it's probably a total freak show as far as crowds go), but alas, too much on my desk, so to speak. :/

Have to make do with a few breaks to drop in here ... but the Cityfest later looks cool...

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting setup for this afternoon. At this time, it appears that storms will be firing along a weakening cold front sometime after 2:00PM. Some of these thunderstorms "may" approach severe levels with hail up to 1 inch in diameter, and damaging winds up to 60+mph. These storms will be "low topped", and won't be the powerhouse type like we saw the other week. Keep an eye to the sky everybody, and stay alert if you head out today. The storms will diminish after sundown.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just another update for today's forecast. It appears now more and more that conditions are slowly becoming more favorable for severe thunderstorm development than earlier anticipations. Threats will remain the same as I stated up above, with only one minor additional threat. There is a slim chance of a brief tornado if any storms can pick up some rotation. Atmospheric dynamics are not "great" today, but they are just enough to get these storms going. I previously mentioned that these storms won't be powerhouse type storms like the other week due to their low topped nature, however, they will certainly be capable of such severe weather. It will be very isolated though if a storm does in fact get that strong again. Keep an eye to the sky everybody, and be alert to rapidly changing conditions quickly.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Storm, you should really start your own weather channel radio station with a marine frequency.
Keep up the great work. It's appreciated more than ALL of us express.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I'll "double" what Eagle Larry just said..........

Hope it holds off a while, I'm gonna smoke a yard bird for dinner so I'll be outside this afternoon.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know this keeps going back and forth lol, but now it appears too much cold air aloft has prevented thunderstorms from growing (developing) and reaching the heights needed to tap the stronger mid-level winds to get organized. That being said, there will still be a chance of isolated thunderstorms until sunset, with a strong storm or two still possible. Other than that, expect mid-upper 70's for temperatures and some cumulus clouds to hang around for a while. Beware of changing conditions everybody should they materialize suddenly, and enjoy the nice lovely day today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts