Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to plan an over night fishing trip to Lake Huron the weekend of the 17th. I've never driven a boat up there before and not quite sure what to expect once I hit open water. Does anyone go up that way? Where is a good place to dock the boat for the night?

I'm also wondering if anyone is going to be in the area that same weekend, always good to have a friend in the area. Maybe I can talk ShiverMeTimbers into following me up there in his boat.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I live and dock my boat in St. Clair City. Don't know if I'll be around that weekend or not. Suppose to spend some time with the girlfriend's family that weekend.

Watch the weather for winds out of the North and East. The can make the lake a little choppy. You can also go here for more weather info.

Port Huron will be hosting a Boats Balloons and BBQ party that weekend as well as the Coast Guard Days demos going on among other events going on that weekend.

If you don't want to stay in Canada then I would make well reservations with either the City Docks (810-984-9744 or 9745) or Bridge Harbour (810-982-2492). Both are on the Black River. Bridge Harbour is a really nice marina with pools and clubhouse but is a good 20 minute ride up the river at no wake.

Lots more info here: http://www.bluewater.org.

Have fun.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Numbskull @ Jul 8 2009, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I live and dock my boat in St. Clair City. Don't know if I'll be around that weekend or not. Suppose to spend some time with the girlfriend's family that weekend.

Watch the weather for winds out of the North and East. The can make the lake a little choppy. You can also go here for more weather info.

Port Huron will be hosting a Boats Balloons and BBQ party that weekend as well as the Coast Guard Days demos going on among other events going on that weekend.

If you don't want to stay in Canada then I would make well reservations with either the City Docks (810-984-9744 or 9745) or Bridge Harbour (810-982-2492). Both are on the Black River. Bridge Harbour is a really nice marina with pools and clubhouse but is a good 20 minute ride up the river at no wake.

Lots more info here: http://www.bluewater.org.

Have fun.

Thanks Numskull! You are a wealth of information!

·
Registered
293 Posts
How far up ya comin'? We have plans for that weekend, but may still be in the area. The better half changes her mind once an hour, so I just go with the flow. And the grandkids will still be here and we were planning a trip to Whitefish Point that weekend. Who knows?

We are in Cheboygan and the Inland Waterway area, Cheboygan, Indian River, Mullet and Burt Lakes, as far west as we can go without removing the top half of the boat, for low bridges, in addition to spending a gob of time on Huron.

Bob

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(Sheamus @ Jul 8 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm trying to plan an over night fishing trip to Lake Huron the weekend of the 17th. I've never driven a boat up there before and not quite sure what to expect once I hit open water. Does anyone go up that way? Where is a good place to dock the boat for the night?

I'm also wondering if anyone is going to be in the area that same weekend, always good to have a friend in the area. Maybe I can talk ShiverMeTimbers into following me up there in his boat.
We won't be there then, and I don't have much local knowledge up there, but it sure is BEAUTIFUL! Every time I enter a Great Lake, I get a rush of awe. So many place you could go, so much beautiful blue clean water. I love it! Lake Huron is AWESOME!

As mentioned here recently, it can be pretty choppy going under the bridge. Make sure your beverage holders are properly stowed before hand.

Have fun! Be safe!

·
Registered
512 Posts
We are hosting a trip with the MacRay Yacht Club to Bridge Harbour Marina in Port Huron for the weekend. Dinner downtown Saturday night at the Quay Street Brewery. Thanks Numb for the heads up on more activities.

Water Boat Sky Watercraft Tree

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts