Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a great weekend fishing Saturday and Sunday....
Saturday we fished all around Grassy Island in the bay and didn't really catch anything to speak of.

Sunday we fished out by the Grosse Pointe Yacht club moving around all morning. It was not until we crossed over the shipping channel straight out from the Yacht Club that we started cating fish after fish anchored. A lot of dinks but a lot of fun. We took home maybe 25 nice sized perch. The only problem that I had was heading from the Shipping channel right behind the Grosse Pointe Yacht Club back to the Salr River where I keep my boat. The boat wakes were something special. They were hitting me from every direction..... But, we got perch and enjoyed the beautiful day...

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Molly Frair @ Sep 14 2009, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good job finding the perch. There's alot of lake out there, takes persistance to find them. Were you still in US water?

My boat is still in the water if that is what you are asking........?

Thanks Paul. We need to get out there together sometime.......

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
According to my GPS we were still im American waters fishing on the Canadian site of the shipping channel... From Buoy #16 to the Canadian boundry line there is probably a little over 1 mile where it is still American waters... Take a look at a chart to see what I am talking about..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts