Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
fished saturday with woody was a pretty good morning the hightlight of trip was our double we had one fish take off ripping a drag and another pop a release, was windy out so to keep boat control we put the one fish back in the rod holder thinking it was small. so we land the first fish get the hooks out and reviving woody says i wonder if that other fish is still there. so we go to check the rod all of a sudden it pops the slider release and starts taking off after being drug for the last 15-20 minutes. the fish we were dragging ended up being 53 5/8 inches heres pics of the double. i didnt photo all the fish caught due to the thunderstorm but it was popping before/during the storm

Attachments

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
helluva fish man!

great job as usual.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wow those r some big and healthy muskies!! Good job

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Dennis we were living good on Saturday!!!!! The double header landed us 32.4 lber and a 28 lber... Both fish were released and swam away!!!! The fish were caught on the south shore. One on a purple hi-finn and the other on a str8 Black/gold perch woodie (no relation to me) bait.

I know one of our sponsors, 9 mile BP, carries both brands.

Great time and great fish!!!

we ended the day 5 for 6 and only fished until 3:30.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
QUOTE(heinie @ Jul 13 2009, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Beautiful fish Woody.
thanks Adam, as you know, muskie fishin is a team sport. You should have seen Dennis and I and the fire drill going on. Trying to steer, trying to net, trying to fight the fish, trying to reel, slippin on the deck from the first one, getting the other in the tank, line tangled all to hell. It was nuts, but we worked um both and they both swam away healthy as can be. The US side has two trophy fish swimming around 9 mile
(until they turn canadian again)

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Sorry I missed your call Dennis, I was working on the Mako most of the weekend. Just noticed you called me last night. Looks like I missed one heck of a trip!
Great Fish Brother!

·
Registered
869 Posts
QUOTE(troller11 @ Jul 12 2009, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>fished saturday with woody was a pretty good morning the hightlight of trip was our double we had one fish take off ripping a drag and another pop a release, was windy out so to keep boat control we put the one fish back in the rod holder thinking it was small. so we land the first fish get the hooks out and reviving woody says i wonder if that other fish is still there. so we go to check the rod all of a sudden it pops the slider release and starts taking off after being drug for the last 15-20 minutes. the fish we were dragging ended up being 53 5/8 inches heres pics of the double. i didnt photo all the fish caught due to the thunderstorm but it was popping before/during the storm

Is that the 9 mile tower or the 400club I see in the back ground?

P.S. Do you dock at Miller's Marina?

Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
That is 9 mile and right where she went in. MOMC weigh in was at the 9 mile towers marina. Go to the mile roads, there's a wall hanger lurking

1 - 20 of 22 Posts