Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might need a certified welder that can work on a military vehicle. Must accept credit cards. Anyone know of any? Work will involve cutting, straightening out light steel plate and re-welding back together (and possible more). Thanks

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
You can try Marty's Tool & Die Welding Co in Reford on Telegraph Rd. (east side) between I-96 & 5 Mile. He does all kinds of odd welding jobs. He welded the cracked support on my boat & it has held up great.

Marty's Tool & Die Welding Co
14824 Telegraph Rd, Redford, MI 48239
Phone: (313) 531-1255

·
Registered
869 Posts
QUOTE(b_radici @ Feb 18 2010, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I might need a certified welder that can work on a military vehicle. Must accept credit cards. Anyone know of any? Work will involve cutting, straightening out light steel plate and re-welding back together (and possible more). Thanks

Does he need the welding equipment or will it be supplied? My friend works for Visioneering and is certified welding inspector/welder he may be able to help.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Muskie_Addict @ Feb 18 2010, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(b_radici @ Feb 18 2010, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I might need a certified welder that can work on a military vehicle. Must accept credit cards. Anyone know of any? Work will involve cutting, straightening out light steel plate and re-welding back together (and possible more). Thanks

Does he need the welding equipment or will it be supplied? My friend works for Visioneering and is certified welding inspector/welder he may be able to help.

He would definitely need his own stuff.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here is the pictures. The part that's bent, needs to be straightened. It's a truck bed that got ran into by a set of forks. I'm not a welder, but I know they can work some magic. A new bed is VERY expensive (15+K), so not trying to go that route.

Attachments

·
Registered
869 Posts
Looks more like a lot of heating and reforming then any welding. I know where he works they are constantly straitening metal with Rose buds. I can ask him but I know for sure he does not have his own equipment

801 Posts
I've got a certified mobile welder in the family, he specializes in gas pipeline but I use him on my equipment repairs and he does great but I'm not sure a welder is all you need on that but if you want to talk to him pm me your number and ill pass it on to him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.