Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Yep that's a hog, good job. What lb.test? That's what about your 25,000th fish like that.
That will pump up fisherman on this site now.

h2o<--says i think most of the big boys are in the rivers, and channels this time of year and B.Bouy area.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just under 5lbs....

Hey Bondy are you fishing the Everstart? If not you owe Mac a fishing trip (and I am coming too
) Whats your guide schedule look like?

Mini

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
I figured 5lbs. My Question is what pound test.

h2o<--says ? lol

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Nice fish John. When are we going to have our contest with Mac and Tom? We will draw for partners. OK. Bob

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(muskiebobsr @ Jul 18 2004, 07:46 PM)Nice fish John. When are we going to have our contest with Mac and Tom? We will draw for partners. OK. Bob
Thanx Bob....I hope tp be here (Mi) more in August. Lets shoot for then.

Mini

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
OK John. Larry Ramsell and Dave Richey are coming to fish with me in September and I'm trying to get Gomez to tape it. You should get on Marks boat and get in on the action. It should be a lot of fun. Biggest for me so far Muskie 47 inches . LM Bass 4 1/2 lbs. SM Bass about 6 1/4. Pike nearly 18 lbs. Carp 27 1/2 lbs. Catfish 20 pounds. We lost a Muskie Friday that was well over fifty inches. Bob

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Mini,
Nope, just the BASS Northern Opens. I tried getting in the Everstart last year, but since I was only trying to get in the one around here, I was on the waiting list and never got called, so I didn't even try this year....as for a trip, the only day I have open this week is Tuesday....DRP

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Mini,
An almost 5 pound largemouth weighs exactly as much as an almost 5 pound smallmouth.

I actually did start getting into the better smallies some yesterday. I was with Ben Felton. He is fishing the EverStart. We landed 9 smallies of 3 pounds or better and I lucked into a 4-14 toad smallie and a mid-40" musky. It was a fun day with lighter tuna boat traffic later in the day... which was nice.

Ben had a largemouth on that looked over 3, but it got off in a jump fit for a smallie.

Things are starting to heat up out there.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Great fish John..For those who think there are no big smallies in st clair, my partner caught a 6.24 on saturday in the federation tournament. needless to say he got a bit excited.
paul g

·
Registered
241 Posts
Nice one John! We took four large mouth on Saturday that came in at 15 1/2, 16, 18 and a 19 1/2 over by the Clinton River. All fish caught on jointed shad raps and tail dancers. Took two smallies as well at 11 inches and a 14 incher. The fish were holding tight to the weed beds even though there were log piles just a matter of 15 feet from where they were holding. All I could pull off of the logs were rock bass.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
...it was the HAT!!!...LOL

When are we going golfing again,...I like being able to KYA in something!!...(finally!!!) ..LOL!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
nice catch mini

i just wanted to say i was at lake wixom during the forth, and my buddy and i hit some good bass. just wanted to let you know cause you love that lake.

-Andrew Smith-

1 - 18 of 18 Posts