Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to fire up the ole furnace this morning and turn on the heat.

I was in DENIAL of the chill in the air until I saw the kids' lips purple

So long warm weather, arrivaderci a/c bills, there's a new sherrif in town

Attachments

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Haven't done it yet...

however, I'm preparing for the wardrobe switch soon (always dreaded!)... and have to rustle out the down comforter...

Currently wearing **showing off** a new sweater my mom knitted for me and my grandma pieced together...

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I almost turned ours on this morning while we got ready.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(pauligan @ Sep 26 2003, 09:33 AM)Haven't done it yet...

however, I'm preparing for the wardrobe switch soon (always dreaded!)... and have to rustle out the down comforter...

Currently wearing **showing off** a new sweater my mom knitted for me and my grandma pieced together...

awwe - that is so sweet Pauline
Hope you had a nice visit!

thanks for reminding me - I need to put the afghan on the bed under the comforter today.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I've been switching back and forth for the past week or so. Furnace on at night and a/c on during the day. It's really weird but at 72 degrees with the furnace on it's to hot, but with the a/c on it's to cold at 72 degree's. I'm all F**ked up.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now my landscaping service is here cutting the grass.

Do you think it's time I can cancel them for the season

or maybe have them come e/o week??

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Haven't kicked on the furnace, or brought out the long sleeves yet. Total denial here. There's still plenty of leaves on the trees! It can't be fall yet!
It went from high 90's to mod 60's. It's just a fluke. Our Indian summer is yet to come!!

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I turned our's on at 3:30 this morning, after my 2 year old woke up, got into bed with us, and brought all his blankets with him. He just kept saying "another one blanket daddy!"
Hopefully, it will go back off when Indian Summer hits. It was 59 degrees in our house when I turned it on!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
brrrrrrrrrr!! I know! I sleep with the window cracked and it was so cold this morning. Mini's was going fishing @ 7 am - I told him he was NUTZ

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Actually I turned mine on the other morning to get the chill out. I only put it up to 67 degree's. It was nice and toasty! But then I shut it off before I went to work. No denying it any longer, summer is gone...boo-hoo!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I started using mine last week......dang, it's cold in the morning <_< I hate cold weather.....I can never get the chill out of my body.

Maybe Sunbums will take me to Florida so I stay warm

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
...if I have to break down and turn on my furnace(S!!!) then I'm going to have to take the cost out of Puppetshow's commission !! This time of year, it gets so very expensive to live in that ol' house...I absolutely dread turning them on!!!

I had an extra special appreciation for my down comforter and flannel sheets early this morning, though...did not want to get out of bed

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
I'm at home now and debating if I want to kick on the furnace... I'm in denial. I threw on a sweater and some jeans and drank a few coffees. Hopefully this cold snap will kill the weeds around the house and in the yard.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
Before I left for work this morning, looked and the temp. and it was 67 in the house, I shrugged and walked away. Figured if my husband was freezing when he woke up, he could turn it on. Couldn't get myself to do it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
QUOTE(All Jacked Up @ Sep 26 2003, 08:42 AM)I've been switching back and forth for the past week or so. Furnace on at night and a/c on during the day. It's really weird but at 72 degrees with the furnace on it's to hot, but with the a/c on it's to cold at 72 degree's. I'm all F**ked up.
I can feel your pain!!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I turned it on last night.

AJU you are not F-ed up. you have to look at what the humidity in your place is doing between the A/C and heat.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
for me, no furnace yet. with the heat i throw off my body i won't be turning it on anytime soon. as a matter of fact, i usually sleep with a fan on AND the bedroom window cracked a skosh. i'm a little heater core!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
QUOTEAJU you are not F-ed up. you have to look at what the humidity in your place is doing between the A/C and heat.

I'll keep that in mind, but by the looks of the weather I don't think I'll be using the a/c anymore.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts