Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
West side of St Clair that is in search of Crappie....

I am stoked. About to respool my ultralight and put together a little tackle box.

Should I take some pike baits Marke?

Mini

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
What day? Heading out on Sat.

·
Registered
397 Posts
shhhh....I thought we were keeping this on the down low so Alex wouldn't follow us around

Pike baits, walleye baits, what ever....I will feel a tug on my line even if it means pushing Neeley over board and rescuing him with my heavy action flippn' stick....

I have to coach my sons "Pee Wee Sports Camp" from 9 to 10. We'll be rolling out of my house around 11 and launching by 12. Man, I'm "GEEKED" (attempting to sound like a Michigander). I've never launched my boat as early as March. I talked to my buddy back home and last weekend they were still driving trucks on Winnipesaukee.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think we may even see the better waether by then. Winds are supposed to switch from the east....not good. We should be ok in the canals.

Mini

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Mini,
ALL my stuffs up-north...can you hook a brotha up???

Marke,
Since we're taking your boat, I'll leave my 100mph suit at home. I'll wear the 35mph one instead!!!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Thanks for the invite!!!! LOL!!!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
QUOTE(Mac @ Mar 26 2004, 02:16 PM)
LOL...you have no friends...

I'd invite ya, but I'm not really going to be fishing. Just tinkering mostly.

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
I think i have enough in the basement to put together a couple....

·
Registered
397 Posts
QUOTE(Mac @ Mar 26 2004, 01:16 PM)
Don't feel bad Mac. Once your boat gets here, I'll be cat fish bait. You're the true Mac Daddy

I only get invited when the options are Marke's boat or chest waders

·
Registered
397 Posts
Actually Mac, would like to join us? Jill's sending cookies. I'll check my USCG sticker and see what the weight limit is on my boat. I think we can legaly fit 4 adults.

I'm not sure about 4 adults after a batch of Jill's cookies though

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
...Dude,..just Me and Mini alone and a bunch of Jill's cookies will exceed the weight limit!!! LMAO!!

I'm just bustin' your cahonies......I'm going to lay low tomorrow..I haven't had a weekend off since Jan.....I'm going to sleep in...watch OLN and just chill all weekend!! Thanks for the offer though...but as soon as my ride gets up here (early May),..we're going out!! a LOT!!!

Seeya,...you guys have fun....and make Mini clean up his mess at the end of the day!! ahahah.....

Mac

Alex,...you're right..I don't have many friends...they all left when I ran out of "samples!!"..

·
Registered
666 Posts
QUOTE(John Maniaci @ Mar 26 2004, 02:01 PM)I only have one ultralight rod left. I broke the other one last fall. I will see what I can come up with. I may even try a fly rod w/ a spinning reel.

Mini
Nothing wrong with a spinning reel on a fly rod. Used that many a time for steelheads.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Well we didnt fare too well on the Crappie. Ken hooked one and lost it just as we saw it. It was a nice one, probably about 14". We did have a few nibbles, the fish were REALLY sluggish, but no takers. I did catch about a 10 pound carp (I am sure pictures will be posted soon, my first picture ever with a carp). The guys were teasing me saying I was dyslexic (sp?)....we were crappie fishing, not carppie fishing!

We made a move from Anchor Bay to the Metro Canal system and caught a bunch of largemouth while crappie fishing. Had one small bluegill on (Marke did) but the rest were small largemouth all caught on ultra lights, slip bobbers and crappie jigs. I do have a new lure....the Bailey's Magnet.....the heads were munching it today. We werent targeting bass, but we did see a boat in the smae canal targeting them....

Water temps were 51 degrees at the mouth of the Clinton, 46 degrees in the canal on the north end of Anchor Bay and 48 degrees in the Metro canal system (at least the canal we were in). The main lake is still COLD.....we were getting 39-41 degrees.

Side note.....we did see 2 idiots in a camo aluminum boat running wide open in the Black Creek (Metro) and I couldnt believe my eyes.....we (us and someone from shore) were yelling at them and they proceeded to laugh and flip us off. I tell you it is idiots like that, that make us fisherpeople all look bad.

Anyway that was my day today from noon till 6:30pm.

What did you do?

Mini

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
I'm going right now to a 45 acre private lake near Lake Orion, it's loaded with croppie not carpie LOL i like that term. So i'll give you a report when i get back. Were targeting croppie or crappie how ever one prefers.

h2o<---can't wait to see mini's carpie picture.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Well, I wasn't fortunate enough to get out fishin' this weekend Mini, but I was able to pull the cover off the boat, clean her up a bit and put a nice shiny coat of wax on her. I'll definitely be out on Kent Thursday (for the C&R opener) and Saturday, with a possibility of sneaking out on Friday and Sunday.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Put 12 foot John Boat in back of Son's Ranger, headed off @about 8:00 a.m. got to I-75 and Lapeer and poof smoke bellowing out of hood, fried power/steering pump. Son ran to Shell gas station while pump cooled down administered fluid, and witnessed steady stream of fluid discharging, RATS!!!! Than truck would not start at all, nothing electrical worked, fingers became sore from trying. Sooo tow truck showed up back to Royal Oak we went. Being of the hard core type, we loaded flat bottom in SUV and started fishing @ 11:30 fished till 1:45 and GOT MY CROPPIE, son caught a small pike and L.M. Talked to buddy on lake and he said the last of the ice melted 3-days ago. Water still to cold and i was just happy to get my target. Soooo will wait a few weeks for temp. to rise. Well that's all folks.

h2o<----
No carp--E

1 - 20 of 25 Posts