Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Me & the wife hit anchor bay in-spite of the possible rain and I'm glad we did!

When we first got out there it was pretty choppy but by 5:30 or so it calmed right down.
Tami caught a smallie on her 3rd cast. First one ever!
A little while later she landed a 1/2 pound largie. Not long after that I got another small musky.

Shortly after we buzzed up to the raft for dinner. Then we hit a couple of spots up there and she landed a 1 pound largie on a rapala surface popper. The water was like glass!

During the whole time we were out I only counted a total of 10 boats. We only got a little bit of rain when we first got out there and then a light sprinkle on the way to the raft.

I'm very happy with tonight as it was her first time actually casting bucktails for muskies!

The funny part is if she didn't ride my as all day we wouldn't have went out! I'm glad we did!

Water Sky Smile Fish Lake

Water Vertebrate Fisherman Sky Fish

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(6667supersport @ Jul 22 2009, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice looking little ski............been seeing alot of them, we should have some great fishing in the coming years. Keep it up and thanx for the report.............

Oh do I agree with that one! I've seen so many little ones this year it's not even funny. Seems like they're all around this size too! What ever year it was that produced'em was truly a bumper crop!
Hopefully soon I can get Tami into some small muskies and I can bump up the size of what I catch......a 45 or 50 would be nice
....Ahhh dreams. We all gotta have'em!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Nice! I was going to go out about 3:00 but decided not to because of the storms on the radar. They lied again I should have gone....

·
Registered
363 Posts
I love catching anything. Big or small I love them all!
We were going to stay later but the mayflies and skeeters got so thick we couldn't breathe!
First time ever catching more than 1 all day.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Congrats on your 1st multi-fish day and bass on a top-water, Tami! Looks like you had a great time!
><{{{{{{{{{*>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts