Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
way over presured!!!! if your deer hunting, theres allways small game guys and dogs running around and other deer hunters, alot of other deer hunters. If your small game hunting, well theres alot of those guys around as well, even waterfowl hunters. Dont expect to go out there and fill a limit of squrile, i just do think that will happen unless you spent alot of time in one day.

I have been deer hunting that peice of property for 7 years now, i see alot of deer in the summer but come hunting season its a diffrent story. Actually i have only seen one deer durning the hunting season, though it was the biggest deer i have shot.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
if you park on omo rd. you will be very close to the first tree line that runs parallel to the road. it isn't very wide, maybe 40 or 50 yds. but it is close to the road so you don't have to walk too far to get to it. the next set of woods is a longer walk and has a very large creek running through it. I haven't ever hunted it, last year I saw a couple of tree stands in there too. during the bow season, seeing any cars parked on omo is rare so I think if you scout around, you have a good chance of not running into too many other hunters. if you bring some waders or hip boots to get across the creek, I think you would have a lot of hunting land to yourself. after all, how many deer hunters bring waders or hip boots with them
plus that creek is a very long walk from werderman rd. which I believe is where most of the hunters park. last year I went in there with chivo and fish-n-chicks and we saw a lot of good deer signs on both sides of the creek (which was dried up) a couple weeks later, that creek was about 3 to 4 ft deep with water and I thought hard about bringing a pair of waders out there to get across and hunt. I never did get around to it but after no luck in my regular spot, I regretted not making it out there

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I've hunted out there off and on for 25 years. Lots of pressure out there, small game, hunters, remote control plane pilots,dogs, you name it. It got to the point of If I could afford the extra gas money, I went elsewhere.
If you go out there stay along the creek bottom.
watch out for treepassing laws out there also.
Hope you have good luck.There are some big deer if you're lucky

1 - 9 of 9 Posts