Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to put away the ice gear today. Put the shanty's up in the rafters and the poles on the shelf. But on the flip side I got to pull out the ugly stiks and big tackle box. Still a bummer though, I hate this time of year

·
Registered
307 Posts
What are you talking about???? This is the best time of year!!!!! you have a great chance to get limits of perch, gills, pike, or eyeballs, almost every time out. Or drive 4 hrs and get a limit of steel on the manistie. Maybe even a perch and gill limit out on LSC, or a quick 5 gators then try and stack up your 50 convicts for the day near the mouth of erie. I live for this time of year!!!!

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm almost 300lbs and the ice doesn't seem very supportive this time of year

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't have one but if anybody has an open seat I'll chip in for gas

·
Registered
201 Posts
QUOTE(Swimin Scott @ Mar 11 2010, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm almost 300lbs and the ice doesn't seem very supportive this time of year

Yea, I know what ya mean, I'm a 300 pounder as well. I think that's why my buddy's sends me first on the ice. As for summer fishing, I got a little 12 row boat with a 7.5 Mercury . Ever see Cris Farley do "fat man in a little coat?" Just picture fat man in a little boat, and thats me.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
I had a great fishing boat 'til two years ago. I had a 21.5 ft Thombson open bow. Took me three years to sell it. Moved into a condo had no place to park it. Had to pay for monthly storage, insurance, repairs, plates, registration, winterizing, shrink wrap, oil changes, etc. etc. My boat became too expensive for the few times I actually got to use it. It became an acronym for me "B-O-A-T" "Break out another thousand". LOL

I miss it a lot when I'm on shore fishing all summer and watching the boats out there. I can rent one a lot cheaper than what it was costing me to own one, but I REALLY DO MISS IT!!!!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
QUOTE(Outdoorlover @ Mar 12 2010, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Swimin Scott @ Mar 11 2010, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm almost 300lbs and the ice doesn't seem very supportive this time of year

Yea, I know what ya mean, I'm a 300 pounder as well. I think that's why my buddy's sends me first on the ice. As for summer fishing, I got a little 12 row boat with a 7.5 Mercury . Ever see Cris Farley do "fat man in a little coat?" Just picture fat man in a little boat, and thats me.

Up until this year I had a 12 foot flat-bottom with a 2.2 merc on it. You can still fish around the smaller lakes. Pontiac, Stoney Creek, Orchard Lake, and plenty more. My uncle and I used to launch out of Harsen's Island and fish by the lighthouse in a 12 footer. We caught limits of smallies all the time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
QUOTE(iggy @ Mar 14 2010, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I had a great fishing boat 'til two years ago. I had a 21.5 ft Thombson open bow. Took me three years to sell it. Moved into a condo had no place to park it. Had to pay for monthly storage, insurance, repairs, plates, registration, winterizing, shrink wrap, oil changes, etc. etc. My boat became too expensive for the few times I actually got to use it. It became an acronym for me "B-O-A-T" "Break out another thousand". LOL

I miss it a lot when I'm on shore fishing all summer and watching the boats out there. I can rent one a lot cheaper than what it was costing me to own one, but I REALLY DO MISS IT!!!!!

I know that feeling I have a boat in my garage, four years ago she broke down spider gears in motor, got newer motor was great for a week. Then she started taking in a bunch of water. So I thought it would be fun gutting her and customizing the whole boat. OHHHHH BOYYYY that was a bad ideal the work I dont mind as I love to do stuff like that (less the endless nights in garage, wife and daughter didnt like it and i felt like I was neglecting them) but the money to do what I already started is astronomical. Should have just got another boat. I hope that in a year or sooner she will be water ready.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
a few more baconators and i am in.

Scott you can go out on my boat anytime i will use you for an anchor.

If you guys want send me a pm and when i go out i will get a hold of you to go with me all i ask is everyone pitch in on bait and gas. As i will be going about five times a week and it does add up. But i almost always have an open seat. But the boat dont come off the water until i am ready so if you have a certian time to be back let me know in advance

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Steve
Let me know when your going out, I've always got beer and even some gas money. The way my back yard is flooded right now I've got tons of bait popping up

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
QUOTE(Swimin Scott @ Mar 15 2010, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks Steve
Let me know when your going out, I've always got beer and even some gas money. The way my back yard is flooded right now I've got tons of bait popping up

it will probally be 2-4 weeks before i hit the open water but i will let you know i usually go at night 7-12ish time frame

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE(wallysteve @ Mar 15 2010, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Swimin Scott @ Mar 15 2010, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks Steve

it will probally be 2-4 weeks before i hit the open water but i will let you know i usually go at night 7-12ish time frame

Cool just let me know, I'm usually off work around that time

1 - 20 of 21 Posts