Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out last night with a friend of mine for a little musky fishing. Fished out at grassy and marsic creek. Had monster musky follows but no luck. Went to the creek and decided to bring out the bass gear (we all know that bass bait catches musky) first cast 28 inch musky. Next couple of drifts produced a 5lb walleye, 2 lb small mouth, and 3 largemouth with 1 being 4 plus lbs. This was all in the same 300 yard by 300 yard are in 7 feet of water. All we needed was a pike to complete the st clair slam!!! What a Fishery. Not too bad for a couple of hours on the lake. Inetersting piece was that the Largemouth were deeper than the smallies.

·
Registered
262 Posts
GregM, couldn't agree more, I love fishing this lake. You just never know what you might catch!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
QUOTE(Just One More @ Jul 29 2003, 12:08 PM)Where exactly is Marsic Creek? Thanks.

Inquiring minds would like to know???

·
Registered
28 Posts
My son and me fished st.clair for the first time about 1 1/2 months ago,2hrs and 10 minutes later we caught 10 smallmouth most were in the 11/2-21/2lb. range but did manage to get 1 3lber it was a blast it wasn't the most fish I ever caought in that time span but everyone of them was a keeper.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
John you are giving away my secret spot lol. Fished with Bob Brunner and his grandson today and the grandson pulled out a big fat 18.5 inch large mouth. This bucketmouth was nice and fat. Ok so it is not so secret but it is only 400 yards from my house!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks John. I looked over my map, but must have skipped over it. Hard to spot things sometimes. Don't worry GreggM. I won't steal all your fish.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Gregg forgot to mention the other spots we fished yesterday and the size of some of the Muskie we saw like a couple way over 50 inches.
Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts