Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any body knows a Frigging idiot with 25 ft ranger( MC 4008 SX) . somebody bitch slap this guy for me.

Was at the launch(crocker/jefferson) yesterday around noon, put my boat in the water.
He pulls his trailer in and his buddy POWER LOADS.
Now if you cruise alittle fast kill your engine and coast to your boat to
trailer NO PROBLEM.

But when you miss judge the distance, sitting next to the launch and gun the
engine, tear up the bottom......................PROBLEM.

So I yell at the guy .....No power loading ....."He say's I didn't know"
yafrigging right.

he loads his boat...I pull my trailer around to park it.
he flags me down

"are you a cop " I said no "then you got no right to yell at me and imbarrASS me.
so then I go ask the girl (cute little blonde) in the booth. whats up with these
guys power loading.

*********************she says "what's power loading" *******************

I about frigging had a heart attack.................................

next time I'm taking apicture with my cell phone and calling the frigging sherriff.......
Or maybe I need to just but a paint ball gun.......and lite up these fringing idiots.

You Tell ME what i should do ???????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Chewy, shot them with a Canon. Less than lethal is all that is legal. Or offer to show them a better way, and demonstrate how you do it, and explain why powerloading is illegal.
Unfortunately stupidity is not a crime, and you can't get some people put away just for ignorance.
But, wow if we could, the launch ramps would be a lot less crowded

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
That sucks, but leave the paintball gun at home. Coming from a guy who used to powerload because that's how he was taught, I'll say you did all you could. And I'll just say for next time, maybe politely approach him instead of yelling (your word) at him. Let him do it and then afterword, walk up to him and politely explain. You yell at someone, or otherwise make it to where others can hear you, and you put the dude on the defensive automatically.

I used to powerload because that's litterally how I was taught to do it. I just thought that's how it was done. Long story short, I learned through Mini that it's not how it's done. But that's because Mini didn't yell across the ramp at me, "no power loading!"

Yes I know it sucks. Yes it is wrong. But give it a more diplomatic approach and see how it goes. And don't get upset with the cute blonde at the gate. She's just a college student on summer break earning some money. It's not her job to enforce the law.

And this was a bass boat? I'm not being a jerk, but Ranger only made one 25'er that was years ago, and it was a big offshore boat with twin motors, t-top and flared bow. You never see them and there's only a few out there; mostly all in Florida. There are "25' Rangers," but they're Ranger tugs....and before anyone laughs, they are trailerable. I'm guessing it was closer to 20' and was a bass boat right? What color was it? We'll keep our eyes open and maybe if anyone sees him, can watch and see how he loads, and if he powerloads, maybe politely say something again and see how it goes.

Oh, here's the Ranger tug....on a trailer-

I'm guessing this isn't what you saw, right?

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
For crying out loud....arent there enough posts about powerloading on this site.

I would recommend educating rather than bitching. It works.

I was told by a person here (that will remain nameless) that a DNR CO told them it was GOOD to powerload @ the Crocker launch. Well I brushed it off and said good luck in court if he got a ticket. I assumed he felt the person in the booth was a CO, but I was corrected. It was ACTUALLY a CO that informed them to powerload at the launch. Claimed it helped with the silt removal and will keep them from having to dredge as much at that site.

I still wont do it, nor do I reccomend it. But before you start calling out people and sending off MC numbers and filing complaints....I thought you should know what I heard.

Oh and remember that boating is supposed to be relaxing....

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
a 25 ft ranger.... i would hate to have to turn around in a tight canal with that bad boy!! That come complete with a 400 optimax?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry dude it looked exactly like aaaaa......your boat ......!!!!!!!!!!!!

exofly the one with the caption......I couldn't love a human as much as this boat...........

Maybe I got the size wrong !!!

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(chewy62 @ Jul 7 2009, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry dude it looked exactly like aaaaa......your boat ......!!!!!!!!!!!!

exofly the one with the caption......I couldn't love a human as much as this boat...........

Maybe I got the size wrong !!!

It looked like my boat? Those aren't my MC numbers, I don't launch at Crocker, and I don't power load, so wudn't me. I'm 1578 TE

But I'd be interested to see there's another Ranger Bay on the lake. That dude must have some class to have a Ranger Bay! Powerloading ain't cool, but he's got good taste in boats.

Attachments

·
LSCN Sponsor since 12/07
2,539 Posts
Not trying to hi-jack this thread, but was that tug really built by Ranger Boats?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
your boat is to frickin nice esox, that had to be a bummer while it was down. im sure your new 225 yami makes up for the lost time.

i think chewy is just yappin cuz u fish, and own a ranger. it MUST have been you!!!!

lol i dont have a clue what powerloading is but since my boats docked and wont be trailered, i guess it doesnt matter. is it just shooting on your trailer at a fast speed? and this is illegal at most launches? wouldnt that do more damage to your boat than the launch?

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Powerloading is getting your boat started on the trailer, and then gunning it in gear to push it up on the trailer. Then all of your propwash blows out the mud and bottom substrate, and can blow out the back of the ramp...and then eventually the ramp is "shorter" and guys with long trailers can roll their back axle off the ramp and tear stuff up.

And yes, it's illegal at most launches in MI.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(sshhiittyy @ Jul 7 2009, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>your boat is to frickin nice esox, that had to be a bummer while it was down. im sure your new 225 yami makes up for the lost time.

Thanks. I'm happy with it. I think I have the boat exactly where I want it now as far as set-up. Could be a foot or two longer for the sake of room, but it works great. It's maxxed on hp, and moves well. I once scoffed at the idea, but I'm actually thinking of putting on another Power Pole over the winter!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Jul 7 2009, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(sshhiittyy @ Jul 7 2009, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>your boat is to frickin nice esox, that had to be a bummer while it was down. im sure your new 225 yami makes up for the lost time.

Thanks. I'm happy with it. I think I have the boat exactly where I want it now as far as set-up. Could be a foot or two longer for the sake of room, but it works great. It's maxxed on hp, and moves well. I once scoffed at the idea, but I'm actually thinking of putting on another Power Pole over the winter!!

The one power pole should hold it from sliding on the ice. LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
??????? 1 in the front and back??? lol or the longer power pole, you have the 8'r dont you?

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(sshhiittyy @ Jul 7 2009, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>??????? 1 in the front and back??? lol or the longer power pole, you have the 8'r dont you?

Nah, two in the back, one port, one starboard.

And yes, I have the 8'er.

Two like this-

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
QUOTE(chewy62 @ Jul 7 2009, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You Tell ME what i should do ???????????????????????????????????????????????

First of all, take a chill pill.

The girl in the booth is likely a part-time summer college girl making $8 an hour and her job instructions are to take money and hand out stickers, not police what happens on the water. I don't think that is a DNR law anyhow, more likely a township ordinance to be policed only by a sheriff's deputy.

Secondly, there are a lot of out-of-staters up here and they may not know the law. I have boated all over the US and Canada and Michigan is the only state I have even seen any mention of power-loading. No excuse for not reading the signs, but if you are not from around here, even if you read the sign chances are you might not know what power-loading is.

Thirdly, take it easy. Life is short and if you get that upset over something so trivial you are gonna have the big one for nothing.

And I drive a Champion so it wasn't me. And I use the Mini method...

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Yep, the guy was probably from out of state. This is only state I have lived in that doesn't allow powerloading. I think it is a good standard to set though, because you all do have nice ramps. Powerloading is something everyone does in every other state that I have lived in.

I just wish Michigan had fish cleaning stations at the DNR ramps. Most states have nice fish cleaning stations with water and garbage disposals that grind up the carcus, so there is no waste, or mess.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts