Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well what an awesome trip to the lake Friday and Saturday! I went looking for bluegill and thanks for the tips we got into 60 very nice bluegill that the wife loves to eat so then we went trolling for what ever we could catch and hit the smallie jackpot! trolling just out from ruscom going east 3 miles along a weed bed we picked up 2 2-3lb smallies on night crawler harness with gold blades and red beads and lost a 3rd one. So we marked the spot and tried casting gold rattle traps and had a ball! we landed 2 3-4lber's and lost 4 others at the boat and the fun was watching 3-4 others chasing the one you had on at the time! What a site that was! On day 2 we went trolling 5 miles straight out from Ruscom with the same crawler harness and hit one large mouth and one smallie then the wife landed her 1st Musky ever, asmall but fun for her 26"er that went nicley back home in the lake. Nothing much else except a 10# catfish so we moved back to the area of the smallies the day before and was casting gold rattle traps when WOW what a strike and the fit for me was on with my 6' medium bass rod with 12# test line. After 5 mins we finally saw what it was and having never caught a Musky before my self it looked like Orca to me! The hard part was getting him into my small net! 40"er and a fish record for me. And it didnt take him a minute to swim off too. WOW did he destroy that rattle trap bait! lo, So thanks for all the tips and great help! Here are the pictures of my life time ! Pst the wife wouldnt be happy if she knew I posted her picture like that on here so MUM is the word folks ok? So what will a 40"er weigh guys? lol

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts