Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If we Americans typically deal with 4 coins.... quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies, why do auto manufacturers only provide slots for 3 in their coinholders? I just went through the drive-thru and became aggravated as usual that I had to scrounge through the normal collection of "stuff" in my console to get to 3 cents.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Excellent question. I'm in the auto design biz but I haven't done interior in over a decade. If I remember I'll ask some coworkers.

There are a few other designers on this board as well maybe they can answer your question.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good thing I didn't make a negative comment about designers!!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
well, i guess you just don't give more than your .02 worth! you need .03!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
At first I though the title said "What about penis?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Well, the koreans don't even give you a change holder, I use the ashtray for coins and salt......you never know when they are going to forget to salt your fries!!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Pennies should be abolished... what a waste of time and for nothing at all substantial...

really, why do we still have them? Tradition?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
QUOTEAt first I though the title said "What about penis?

I thought the same thing....Damn spelling errors...

I thought at one time they were looking to do away with the penny??????

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I save pennies in the big bacardi bank bottle I won at Jack's this summer from CK!!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
No official word on this yet but now that I have had some sleep, I have an educated guess.

I think the initial reason for the coin holders was for easy access to your coinage wile going through coin operated tollbooths. (Not very many in Michigan.) I have never seen a toll that wasn't at least rounded up to the nearest nickel or dime. Therefore no need for a penny holder.

I still think it is lame that most don't have them considering all of the drive troughs in this country.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(pauligan @ Dec 11 2003, 08:50 AM)Pennies should be abolished... what a waste of time and for nothing at all substantial...

.....so the KMart can charge idiotic amounts like $2.97

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(RaftguywithJager @ Dec 11 2003, 06:38 PM)QUOTE(pauligan @ Dec 11 2003, 08:50 AM) Pennies should be abolished... what a waste of time and for nothing at all substantial...

.....so the KMart can charge idiotic amounts like $2.97
for $1.00 0f them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts