Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At some point between this year and the next, I'll be in the market for a small, cheap boat that I can use to travel Lake Saint Clair. I don't have any real preferences yet, other than being able to support a motor.

I'm also not very boat literate, and want to know if there's something I can read to see what sort of things I should be looking for in a boat to travel Lake St. Clair with.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i personall got mine for 100 dollars was since 1994 and brought it back to life last month super cheap? get a jon boat they can support one
Oh wow, a lot of these are under a grand! I might have to grab a Jon Boat once I have somewhere to put one! Just have to make sure I pick one that can support an outboard motor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice indeed. One thing I might also be looking at are inflatable dhingies. They have the inherent advantage of being easily stored, which is a godsend in this appartmnent, but at the same time, I don't wanna spend too much because I'm planning on going house shopping by the end of the year.

·
Super Moderator
30 Posts
yeah I understand that. been there done that. I used to live in a apartment and now own a house and 7 trailers and 5 trucks 3 cars. the other tenants would hate me when i parked all 16 vehicles in parking spaces lol. may seem like I got money but nope, saved up and bought each one

·
Registered
35 Posts
Trust me when I say there will be very, very few days that either a jon boat or an inflatable “dinghy” will “handle” Lake St. Clair. They would be better suited for use at your apartment complex, if it has a pond. May I suggest that you save your money until you can afford a deep V boat that’s 16 feet in length, or close to it, so you can greatly open up your opportunities to enjoy most of what Lake St. Clair has to offer?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trust me when I say there will be very, very few days that either a jon boat or an inflatable “dinghy” will “handle” Lake St. Clair. They would be better suited for use at your apartment complex, if it has a pond. May I suggest that you save your money until you can afford a deep V boat that’s 16 feet in length, or close to it, so you can greatly open up your opportunities to enjoy most of what Lake St. Clair has to offer?
Quite a bit more expensive, but certainly something I'll keep in mind! After doing a bit of poking around, I find it funny that they're only stable in rough waters, heh.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Quite a bit more expensive, but certainly something I'll keep in mind! After doing a bit of poking around, I find it funny that they're only stable in rough waters, heh.
That’s why I said save your money, It’s your life, do what you want. I’m not sure what you are referring to when you say “they are only stable in rough waters”. Heh, heh, can you cite an authority on that? At least with a dinghy, it won’t sink if the air chambers don’t leak, so at least you’ll have something to cling to should it capsize. Be safe ne sure to take a safe boating course as part of your research.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Heh, that’s what I thought … not able to cite an authority on such a nonsensical claim. Seems to be a lot of fake accounts being created on this site. At least you took the time to comment but, it seems you bailed quicker than you would have to bail out your jon or dinghy. What gives?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wait, what?
Heh, that’s what I thought … not able to cite an authority on such a nonsensical claim. Seems to be a lot of fake accounts being created on this site. At least you took the time to comment but, it seems you bailed quicker than you would have to bail out your jon or dinghy. What gives?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wait, what?
You stated “After doing a bit of poking around, I find it funny that they're only stable in rough waters, heh”. I asked if you can cite an authority on that statement. What is only stable in rough waters and where did you get that information “after doing a bit of poking around”.

·
Super Moderator
30 Posts
Just because someone doesn't reply within 3 days doesn't mean they bailed. Andre94 is a real account. Andre is real

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just because someone doesn't reply within 3 days doesn't mean they bailed. Andre94 is a real account. Andre is real
I didn’t state that his was a fake account. I question it though since he made a comment that made absolutely zero sense. He has since stated that it was based on just looking at a couple of Google articles. I was trying to help make sure he didn’t waste his money on a jon boat, if his purpose is to own a boat that can “handle“ Lake St, Clair.

Re: fake accounts, I would be willing to bet that at least 10, if not all, of the last 12 newest members are fake accounts. Who approves these? Is someone creating them to make it appear as though there are that many new members joining? Also, there have been numerous, at least 100, new members that have recently joined and never commented or even signed back on, after joining. I belong to more than a few online forums and never have I seen that pattern before. Someone should do something about that or no new “real” people, like Andre, are going to join.
Product Font Screenshot Games Design

1 - 20 of 20 Posts