Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Drew & Mike were talkiing about the cars they and their friends drove in the wild and crazy days of High School...

I first had a 69' Charger w/ 318 c.u. and then had a 70' Cutlass w/ the Rocket 350c.u. engine. I would give anything to have those again.

My Woodward Cruise buddies: 72 Mustang Fastback w/ 351 Windsor
67 GTO w/ 400 c.u.

Parents Cars: 72 Bonaville, 74 Monte Carlo, 71 Delta 88

Cruise era=1978 thru 1980

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
MrsSunbum..65 Caprice Classic, 4 door.
MrSunbum....53 Studebaker, 2 door coupe. White with Flames. Cool car. Have pics somewhere.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
My first 2 cars were 1984 Chevettes..... oh yea, I was stylin'...... NOT!!! The first one was wrecked on Gratiot so I went out and got another. What was I thinking??? lol

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
1987 4-door, 2-tone blue Cutlass Ciera.

·
Registered
342 Posts
1977 Nova,,,, Candy Apple Red, Air Shocks, Crager 5 Star Rims and a 8 Ball Shifter

I thought I was Awesome-------DORK!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
QUOTE(mirth @ May 19 2003, 10:32 AM)1977 Nova,,,, Candy Apple Red, Air Shocks, Crager 5 Star Rims and a 8 Ball Shifter

I thought I was Awesome-------DORK!
No underdash Pioneer super tuner

·
Registered
192 Posts
1976 monte carlo
rust bucket,
6x9's with a power booster.
that car did everything i asked,ran over street signs,tree's
though snow banks,great lawn job car.
I unhooked the rear brakes so it did the best brake torques.
god i miss her.I dumped her in the field south of 23 and sch.
across from the trailer park.

G

·
I had an 78 Cutlass Salon Brougham, metallic brown with a tan vinyl roof. Looking back I think it might have been the design inspiration for the Pontiac Aztek. It was like regular Cutlass up front with a really bad, kind of hatchback look to the back end. I think they called it a "Fastback". haha. Inside I had some rockin Clarion 6x9's and a sweet Motorola 8-track on a slide mount (I didn't want that to get stolen...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
My first car was one I put together myself. i bought two '61 Mercury Comets for $35. I used parts from both to build one that actually ran pretty good. My second car was a '63 Comet convertible. Oh yeah, a real step up. But my favorite high school ride was a '67 Chevy Malibu SS, 396ci, fire engine red with a black vinyl top and black leather interior. A real sharp short and a babe magnet to boot.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
a blue omni TC3, which i was able to fit myself and 8 of the other cheerleaders in thanks to the hatchback! lol!

for graduation, i got a fiero

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Maroon Buick Century was mine.

Coolest was my friends totally beaten up white piece of crap. Can't even remember what kind it was. We beat the hell out of it and would be driving down the road next to it hitting it with baseball bats. Spray painted the sides and even lived for a week in it when we drove to Lauderdale for Spring Break. 4 guys sleeping on the hoods and in the car when we couldn't find girls with rooms to sponge off of. Wipers didn't work so we had coat hangers rigged on them and would hang our arms out the windows during rain storms on the way down to Fla. so that we could see while we were driving.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I didn't get my "own" vehicle til the year after I graduated, so I had to drive the family sta-wagon or the big ol' econoline van conversion van. That's why now, married with 2 kids, I steer clear of vans (regular or mini) and sta-wagons. Trucks and SUV's all the WAY!!!!

The first car I owned though, was a 66 mustang coupe. Nothing special under the hood, just a 200 cu. in. 6 cylinder. I almost cried when I had to sell the car though.......I think I put $5000 into it (between re-upholstery, carpet, and engine work, and then sold it in 1993 for under $1000.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I had a yellow 1970 Plymouth Belvedere 4 door sedan. Basically a 4 door Road Runner. Used a wood block as a parking brake, and had to throw a rag over the carb everytime I turned the ignition off in order to keep the engine from starting on fire. Oh, and the drivers' door wouldn't work, so I got pretty good climbing in and out of the window, just like the NASCAR boys!!! I thought that I was really cool.

Pioneer Super Tuner and Jensen 6 X 9 triaxials!!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
1969 Olds Cutlass - Gold with a Black Vinyl top with a 350 Rocket and a powerglide transmission....Loved that car, destroyed that car....too many tickets and accidents. Second car was a 1986 Plymouth Laser.....Had a killer system in that one. MTX road thunder 2 sub woofers. 5x7 jensens, 6x9 jensens, and JBL 6.5" mid tweeders. all powered by a 200 watt jensen amp and a 150 JBL amp. That thing was loud and played everything from Ice Cube to Pink Floyd.

·
12,052 Posts
First was a 67 Camaro, 4-speed with a gear and posi. Used to side step the clutch while floored when leaving school. Man was that cool! Next a 74 Camaro, first Gratiot cruiser. Then when I was 18 I bought a 73 Vette. Built the engine, trans, and put in a gear, definately the best Gratiot cruiser I ever had.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts