Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
play darts?

box them up to never look at them again?

keep them in a seperate photo album?

throw them out before your wedding?

have a bon fire?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
You mean pics like this?

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
I saved pictures from both... well the ones that didn't have his face cut out of them!! lol...

and saved some letters/cards from my childhood sweetheart.

It is a memory of times gone by and I totally believe in looking back at life, remembering it, and thanking it for contributing to the person I am today... not a token of love or anything.

And they are tucked away deep in the basement, quite dusty I'm sure!

I did have a bonfire for old gifts and stuff, though! That was very satisfying!

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
I agree with P

Of course that might be the pack rat in me...I'm think it's a shame to throw anything away...

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I would keep them....although if I found the person I wanted to marry out of respect for her I'd pitch them than.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I still have mine, just in old photo albums, packed away somewhere. Those are the memories of my life and I won't throw them away, and my husband doesn't expect me too.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i've kept some, thrown some away. i didn't feel the need to keep every one that had an ex in it, but i did keep a few for memories. of course, they are the ones i looked good in.
j/k!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Apr 12 2004, 07:10 AM)i've kept some, thrown some away. i didn't feel the need to keep every one that had an ex in it, but i did keep a few for memories. of course, they are the ones i looked good in.
j/k!
me too!

love letters and pics are packed away. it's nice to look at them years later and laugh!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
it's funny... when i moved i came across a shoe box under my bed and i had i forgot what was in it. i opened it, and in it was my chenile 'christine' that went across my back from my h.s. cheerleading uniform, 2 corsages from when i judged at 2 cheerleading competitions, and a BUNCH Of letters from my brother and assorted friends that were sent to me when i lived in new mexico. it was sooooooo nice to be brought back to that time for just a minute or two while i read them. there were also a couple pictures from NM... one ex in it. 'super dave.' lol! i was like, 'ohhhhhhh yeah... THAT guy.
mmmm!'

ahhhh... memories. sometimes i call them 'remembories.'

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
That is a tough question. I have sooooo much stuff with Michael and I (if ever anything were to happen, it won't but I am just saying....)I could not imagine throwing out all those memories.

I guess it would depend on the circumstances.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I save only a couple of my ex's and only if the pics are of a memorable occasion.

I'm in the process of scrapbooking all my pics right now so most of 'em are getting thrown out now though.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I have all of mine, they're logged in my computer. There are some that still hurt to look at. I'm sure some day I'll want to so i dont want to delete any of them. Just talking from experience.

·
12,052 Posts
Just make sure you hide them good so your present significant other doesn't shread them in a drunken rage. Trust me. <_<

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
QUOTE(delsolcruz @ Apr 12 2004, 07:17 AM)QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Apr 12 2004, 07:10 AM) i've kept some, thrown some away. i didn't feel the need to keep every one that had an ex in it, but i did keep a few for memories. of course, they are the ones i looked good in.
j/k!
me too!

love letters and pics are packed away. it's nice to look at them years later and laugh!
Same here except the letters are long gone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts