Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember when I used to Trick or Treat the people that would give me like 4 pennies.. god I wanted to kick them. Oh.... even better.. the pencil givers. My god, what are you thinking. The kids want candy, not some damn writing utensil. What do you hand out on Halloween???

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
QUOTE(KezzerOne @ Oct 30 2003, 10:24 PM)I remember when I used to Trick or Treat the people that would give me like 4 pennies.. god I wanted to kick them. Oh.... even better.. the pencil givers. My god, what are you thinking. The kids want candy, not some damn writing utensil. What do you hand out on Halloween???
Rocks.

Kidding! We are rarely anyplace that has trick or treaters. We did give out candy in a camp ground in Georgia once. Only had 4 or 5 kids show up.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
This is the first year I don't get to give out candy and scare the kids because I'll be taking a midterm.

But then after that its PAAARRRR-TAAAAYYYY!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Hopefully all of the $28.00 worth of candy that I bought. All by Hershey Corp in Penn. USA.

PS -- I am on a personal boycott of Nestle/Nestea/ etc. because they just relocated 14,000 jobs or so out of the USA.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
When we were kids my mom gave out money...and candy.

Brian buys half the candy aisle and gives out handfuls to every kid and then chases them with a chainsaw down the street. They get the trick and the treat at our house!!!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I usually give a few pieces of candy per kid, try to give a chocolate and a sugary one at least. This year I have Almond Joy, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Reeses Fast Break, Nestles White Crunch, Snickers, Peanut M& M's, Skittles ( 2 different kinds, Starburst regular and tropical, and Kit Kats, I did get some free fry coupons from burger king also. I used to love those.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Last year was my first year in my house and I love halloween, and remember when I used to trick or treat how I thought people who passed out "full size" candy bars were just the kick a$$ $hit!

So that's what I did.

This year, regular halloween sized candies from Meijer: reeces, nestle, kitkat, butterfinger and peppermint candy

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I buy all the good chocolate bars like snickers and RPBC
then end up eating the left overs, finally getting a bad belly ache from all the sugar

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Candy- snickers, twix, nestle crunch...
I bought it about 2 weeks ago..but had to hide it from manana for fear he would eat it all before the chillins came around!!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
QUOTE(manana-II @ Oct 31 2003, 10:13 AM)Candy- snickers, twix, nestle crunch...
I bought it about 2 weeks ago..but had to hide it from manana for fear he would eat it all before the chillins came around!!
Honey...I just hope that this year you decide to wear some clothes when the little buggers come to the door. Last year we ran out of candy rather quickly and I know for a fact we had repeat trick or treaters

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(manana @ Oct 31 2003, 10:16 AM)Honey...I just hope that this year you decide to wear some clothes when the little buggers come to the door.

Was that part of a trick or a treat?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
QUOTEI thought people who passed out "full size" candy bars were just the kick a$$ $hit!

No doubt! I knew one house like that back in the day, made it a point to go outta the way for it.

but i just give bigger handfulls of the little stuff now. kit kat, reeses, snickers, and anything else i like just in case some is left over.
big kids gotta have halloween candy too!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts