Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting into wedding planning makes me think about how i may react when i finally take that walk down the aisle.

what do YOU think you will do when it's your turn? what will you do when you see the guy at the end of the aisle or the woman coming down the aisle towards you?

what did YOU do when you saw her walking down/ him standing there at the end of the aisle?

c'mon... make us all swoon and feel GOOD!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think i will cry. i think, for as much as i think i am soooo tough... i will lose it when i come walking down that aisle and i will lose it when i see him(the groom). and you know what else? i think my DAD will lose it, too. for everything in my family, my bro takes after my mom, and i take after my dad. so i know i WILL LOSE it when i walk down the aisle... no prob admitting that. (cause my dad will be sobbing right beside me!
) my brother... yeah, he'll be crying, too... if only to say 'THANK GOD MY SISTER IS FINALLY MARRIED!!'

lol.. just kidding!
i have had a cool life, a wonderful life. thank YOU and thank god.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I'm with you Mini! I'll never see it either!

I opted for the judge
In out/done! Then we threw a kegger with tons of food being served all day, fully stocked bar.....right in our own back yard. And it was a season the Tiger's were doing really good, so we had the game playing

Sorry, CK....hope i didn't ruin your thread.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ssh Mini, let the girls be romantics here.

Okay.. let me set the stage...We got married at Victoria Wedding Chapel in Waterford and it was at the end of May. The lights were a little low there was candlelabras lit. A nice romantic environment.

I walked out of the bride's room and took hold of my dad's arm. I wasn't really nervous until this moment. I stood at the end of the isle and the wedding song you walk down the aisle to started. I looked up and Convincor had this stunned look on his face. It made me feel like the most beautiful bride ever. Then I started to cry. Not sob cry, just tears rolling down my check cry (waterproof mascara). I don't remember walking by anyone who attended the ceremony, my eyes and my heart was only fixed on him and he on me. It was overpowering moment, then the ceremony started. I was so nervous to be out there, but when he took my hand in his I could tell he was just as nervous and it calmed me. Until I started saying my vows and the best man started to cry. I could barely squeek out the words and vice versa for him. I'll never forget the moment when I was announced as Mrs. Mary Bailey. It was the happiest day of my life and it always will be!

There's usually a moment of humor in every ceremony I have attended and that included my own. When he and I walked over to light the Unity Candle, his hands were shaking so much he could barely hold his candle to the unity candle, and had to use both hands. So everyone giggled a little and it calmed us both down a little.

After the ceremony we both were ready to PAARRRTTYYYY! and we did. I'm still bummed that the pics in the limo were lost, but it was a great ride all the same.

Now, the most exciting part of my wedding was the reception. We went to Vegas for our honeymoon and my husband, the attention grabber that he is, dressed up as Elvis. I really couldn't tell if it was him or not until he got up next to me to remove my garter. My family was stunned and it is still laughed about to this day! Something to remember and tell the grandkids about is the best.

Good luck CK and hopefully this will help you in your wedding planning business. I would be happy to answer any other types of questions that you may have if needed.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Jan 19 2004, 11:21 PM)Sorry, CK....hope i didn't ruin your thread.
HELL NO!!!! dan said 'why don't we go to vegas?" and, as much as i thought it would be fun! i said NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am an event planner by profession. i would feel so sad AND i would make many other family & people sad if i did not complete the most fun , most large event of my life: MY OWN weddding!
hee hee!

besides, if my mom didn't get a grand wedding of her daughter... i'd rather face hitler!! my mom would be sooo mad!
imagine fashioning awedding 1/2 polish and 1/2 engish?!?!?!
i got a hand full!!!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I have a sister, CK....she walked the isle for me! I'm the wild, independent child
and like it that way!

You will have a grand wedding....and what better advertisement? but your very own wedding! I imagine with your profession it will probably be the biggest wedding the East side has seen in some time

Ladybug, cool wedding story
I can visualize Bill dressed as Elvis

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
QUOTE(John Maniaci @ Jan 19 2004, 11:10 PM)

This is something I will never see, by choice.

Mini
awe c'mon mini ~ you really should share that kicka$$ last name with someone who can doodle it in cursive really really nice

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Ladybug @ Jan 19 2004, 11:28 PM)Now, the most exciting part of my wedding was the reception. We went to Vegas for our honeymoon and my husband, the attention grabber that he is, dressed up as Elvis. I really couldn't tell if it was him or not until he got up next to me to remove my garter. My family was stunned and it is still laughed about to this day! Something to remember and tell the grandkids about is the best.
see, now, that would make me go "YYYYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" i love elvis!!!!
and you and bill are a WONDERUL, AMAZING couple!! i look up to you and can see in you the total good and wonderful!!!
hee hee! and, of course, brommel, is awesome!
hee hee! i've seen your wedding pics and think: "WOW!!" VEREE in love!

mary, i will be more than call ya! and thank you for the example!
bill & mary are the best!!!!!!!
!!!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lots of other great married couples here... share! share!

learn us kids here!
p-29's... crabs.... xo.... mongos... bill272's... capt chris's..... wetboxes... capt danss.... zmans... so many more ... we look up to you for some nice speak....
shannon miniaci.......mmmmmmmmmm, that's some nice sounding if i do say so myself!
how about "CZ" ... to close to "EZ" llol.....

·
Registered
336 Posts
I probably should have added a side note on that - it was the most beautiful day ever. I would never do it again though! I would probably go to vegas and get married to save the money, but it was worth it.

I guess that's not exactly something that you want to tell prospective clients though, is it?

I'm glad you enjoyed the story and Elvis was HILARIOUS!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jan 19 2004, 11:48 PM)LMAO CK

CZ's got a nice little ring to it too!!

makes me sound a little
'CZ" (ez) lol!!!!!!! lol!!!!!!

hell, i'll always be ck i guess! lol!!!!!!! shandoggie!!!

shandoggie miniaci.. now THAT got a NICE RING to it!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jan 19 2004, 11:36 PM)QUOTE(John Maniaci @ Jan 19 2004, 11:10 PM)

This is something I will never see, by choice.

Mini
awe c'mon mini ~ you really should share that kicka$$ last name with someone who can doodle it in cursive really really nice

LOL

yea mini!

·
Registered
206 Posts
The love of my life, Sue, and I were married in December 1987 in the St Clair Inn lobby and I will never forget the moment I saw her walk down the three steps where I stood with the Minester that married us. The greatest day of my life without question and the very best ten years ever. Unfortunatley Sue passed away in 1997 but great memories still pop up often. Knowing what I had I would wish it on everyone.

Bill
"Another Thousand"

·
a.k.a EZC
2,010 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jan 19 2004, 11:42 PM)... to close to "EZ" llol.....
What's wrong with "EZ"?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Hey now... my initials are CZ now!!! hee hee!

Anyways, i am typically the biggest wimp when it comes to emotional situations....I typically cry at anything! I even had to for-go the false eyelashes on my wedding day for fear when i cryed they would fall off.... could you imagine???
Anyways... i was calm most of the day (thanks to my BEST friend
and the 2 glasses of wine i had in the limo)... i spent about 45 minutes in the "Brides" room pacing back and forth... i was doing great until my uncle walked in the door.. i have not seen him in about 10 years- the tears started flowing then.
Then it was time... i put my arm in my dads (started to get emotional, but did not cry).. then the wedding march started... surprisingly i DID NOT cry walking down the aisle... i was looking all around at everyone and when i saw tom i just had a huge smile on my face! I did prety well thru the whole wedding, 'cept when i said my vows.... i think i lost it there! All in all a wonderful day to remember.. i would not change a thing (except the priest.. hee hee)
Wow, everybody getting married has so much FUN to look forward to... my wedding was not stressful at all.. i had an absolute blast planning it- thanks to MS and Pauline though... they made it lots easier!!!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
My dad was more nervous than I was...he wasn't sure what to do with his other arm...I was raring to go couldn't walk fast enough...once I saw Brian standing there, there was no-one else in the church. He had such a huge smile don't think he even blinked. Made me feel like I was floating. Best day ever. Was really nervous about my vows, had problems when I practiced, kept sayig holy ghost instead of holy spirit, when I said them right I actually paused before and everyone kind of giggled. My oldest daughter brought us our rings after they were blessed and brian knelt down and thanked her it was very sweet. When we did the exit he reached over and took her hand and she walked out with us as a family not just a newly married couple.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
You guys have any pictures to post??? I would LOVE to see wedding pictures!

I can't envision an aisle or a husband to be standing at the [email protected]!!

If it comes to a wedding in my life, I'd rather do what my friend Mary did and he and I just take off to somewhere awesome and have a party when we get back...

Unsure of the whole crying thing... ? Not typically a crier...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts