Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did a search and found the old whirly ball thread. There seemed to be alot of interest, but didn't sound like it ever happened. did you peeps get together or not? Would anybody be interested now?

·
a.k.a EZC
2,010 Posts
I'm in. Let's wait 'til there's snow on the ground though. There's a whirly ball place just up the street from my work (15 & Groesbeck). You can bring your own alcohol in!
I can check it out once we see if there is still interest.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Is that the one in bumper cars??

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
I'm in, EZC's good point, let's wait for snow.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I am definitely in on this one.

There is also one on Auburn Road and John R. but I don't think you can byob but they have a bar.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ Oct 2 2003, 10:31 AM)let's wait for snow.
I'm flattered.

·
a.k.a EZC
2,010 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Oct 2 2003, 09:30 AM)Is that the one in bumper cars??

This page explains it:

Whirlyball

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(EZC @ Oct 2 2003, 10:48 AM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Oct 2 2003, 09:30 AM) Is that the one in bumper cars??

This page explains it:

Whirlyball
Yeah, my wife and I have done that before. It's a blast!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Sorry Gang - scratch the Whirleyball at Auburn and John R. They went out of business a few months ago. Closed it up and expanded the Salvation Army. Too bad. I could've crawled home from there.

Regards,

Dave

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Whirley Ball is a blast! The one at 15 and Groesbeck you can bring your own food and beverages in!

Good winter sport!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
AJU, get out of my head!!!
I was just thinking about looking into this for when the winter weather gets here.

You can bring your own food and beer. I was thinking BYOB and chip in for pizza, party sub or something simple, or the bring a dish to pass thing worked out well at the Harbor Club bash. (Depending on time of day)

I have played it twice and it was a blast.

Ideas, suggestions, post em here. Lets see if we can put it together!

Afternoon? Evening? ALL NIIIIIGHT LOOONG???

Before the holidays, mid Nov early Dec?
After the holidays Mid Jan?

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(DMisaras @ Oct 2 2003, 11:55 AM)Sorry Gang - scratch the Whirleyball at Auburn and John R. They went out of business a few months ago. Closed it up and expanded the Salvation Army. Too bad. I could've crawled home from there.

Regards,

Dave
Yeah, you and me both...couple of miles from me, too.....

There is a reason they went out of business...they were rude and nasty to put it nicely. We went in there several times with large groups and they treated us like $hit!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
count me in too when the snow starts flying will need something to entertain self, ,,

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
QUOTE(bobrob20 @ Oct 2 2003, 07:25 PM)count me in too when the snow starts flying will need something to entertain self, ,,
So Should we book it for tomorrow?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
TTT

1 - 19 of 19 Posts