Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the winter months upon us, there's only two things to watch on TV.
1) Fishing shows that offer great information and excitement.
2) The "RED WINGS"

My Favorite fishing show is "One more cast with Shaw Grigsby"
My Least Favorite is "Bill Dance"
Sorry Bill, but I think I could catch a 10 lber out of a stocked pond.
I used to like "Roland Martin" but his show got "Sponsor Soaked"

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
927 Posts
i will have to agree with bill dance as a least favorite. tho i would still watch it over fly fishing.

i would have to say my favorite would be anything bassmasters or flw.

roland martin is ok, but for some reason oln keeps playing the same 4 episodes. in-fishermen is ok too but it seems that the bass fishing segments are getting shorter and the stinkbait catfish segments are getting longer. shaw is good as well as hank parker.

heres one for you...
who has the better theme song bill or hank, i have known both of these songs by heart since i was a kid, i dont think i could say which one is better, its a tie, but either one will put me into cast mode, they just scream fishing.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Bill Dance makes me cringe for the same reasons as well. Does he ever get out of his seat? I also don't like the In-Fisherman shows. Al and the boys (while informative) always seem to be talking down to you. My favorite show is "Walker Kay Chronicles". I don't know, it's just a show where I can sit, relax, and enjoy. The rest of the shows I usually find some little annoyance in and I can't totally enjoy it.

I can't get enough of the FLW and Bassmaster shows. I love watching the reactions of the anglers when events unfold. I'm also a fan of the recent "Bassmasters Classic Diaries"(???) on the duece. They recap old Classics, it's pretty interesting.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alex,
You like any kind of fishing, as long as you can were your sandels.
OPPs that leaves out ice fishing . . . .

I agree, salt water fishing rocks . . . . . Spanish FLY is another good one.

By the way, ever see that show called "Fish ON"
Would love to take a trip with those 3 babes.

It's a good thing I'm married, or I would be those girls dock groupie . . . .

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
I like alot of shows. Each has their own appeal, some are educational, some are entertaining, some are both and some are neither....lol

Fav.: Has to be Denny Brauer or Larry Nixon for the info, Hank Parker for the entertainment. But if you were into anything other than bass, In-Fisherman for info and Fish-On! for entertainment....heck I dont even hear the words....!

Least: about half of what is on OLN.....seems like if ya got a video camera, an extra boat and a sponsor to foot the bill....ANYONE can have a show! LOL

Just kidding there are some good shows out there.....I will admit, I still like Bill Dance.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Anything with Bassmasters is great expecially with there new electronic table that actually lets you see whats going on under the boat. Who said technology's no good?

Why don't they ever show Bill Dance losing a fish for excessive playing?

There is also a show on fox sports with the little guy Barry something that is pretty fun to watch too.

I remember, Stokes is his last name I think, but he to is a little too much of a salesman.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
No one has mentioned Jimmy Houston yet??

I always like that guy Bob Mizzuni (sp), or something like that, from Canada. I think he was Native American. He seemed to be free with the information. Wish I could remember his last name.

It seemed to me that most of the host professionals got very commercial. If they wern't pushing a sponsors spinnerbait it was a crankbait or something.

Bassmasters was always a favorite and I used to tape them all.

Jim

Can't wait for spring!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Izumi (sp?), is classic. I love his little laugh. Is he still on? I've seen him at a few Everstarts. Jimmy Houston is pretty good to, down to earth. Same with ole Babe Winkleman.

I think I read Nixon is suppossed to do some work for FLW on OLN. Should be interesting. OLN does need some upgrades. Maybe I can host a show? Bring on Mini "The Crappie Slayer" and the "The Itailian Stallion" Basstrap896 as special guests. My old man can work the video.. lol

·
Registered
319 Posts
I agree on Bill Dance, I can't stand his show. I like Grigsby, it's on real lakes and is always interesting. My problem with most shows is they spend too much time doing the same thing or at the same lake. I like joe bucher too, but I'm always bothered by how long he plays the fish. Have there ever been any local shows besides the pbs shows?

·
Registered
47 Posts
That Canadian guy with the funny laugh is Bob Izumi and yes he is still on. Don't know how he does it fishing the Everstart, FLW, CFT and Canadian Open plus the show, but then again he is sponsored by Tim Hortons.
Think my favorite show has still got to be InFisherman, they at least teach you something while not overwhelming with sponsor info.
As for the worst, it has got to be the Dimestore Fishermen and I now see you guys get them south of the border, please take them for good. I'd like to call them the Dimebag Fishermen based on the way they act, there has to be a reason.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
My favorite show is Lindners Angling Edge followed by In-Fisherman. Very informative and the camera work is outstanding. Least favorite is Jimmy Houston. Too much giggling.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I like MUCC's Michigan-Out-Of-Doors on PBS. Very informative and covers a lot of local info. However, I gag everytime Fred Trost's Practical Sportsman (and I use the term loosely) hits the airwaves. As Bugs Bunny would say, "What an ultra-Maroon."
Remember to Do It On The Ice!.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
speakin' of Fred Trost,...I was watching America's Funniest Home Video's a week or so ago,...they showed a clip from Trost's show,..showing him getting his finger bitten by a "hellgramite" and then he held it up to the camera to show his finger bleeding.....LOL
....The guy is an idiot!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I actually like 2 shows the best... fishin' with Roland and Michigan out of doors (MUCC). There is a simple reason. Both of these shows feature fishing for several different species.

Jimmy Huston can be prety good, just for his humoer... you know what I mean... sugar buger?

Bill Dance is ok, but I think that I could put together a better show.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
My favorite fishing show is discontinued. It was on Thursday night after this old house. Can anyone name that show???? Bob

1 - 20 of 47 Posts