1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
181 Posts
QUOTE(scotts fishing @ Jul 20 2009, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>motor blew and he got a new one

yes sir. motor blew two weeks ago i went out friday to limp it over to the end of the marina and while trying to fire it up the starter solinoid came unglued and started a bad electrical fire. so i got pissed off and found a sweet deal on a 79 searay srv220 (same boat my fishing partner allaboutfishing just got) it just kinda worked out and we picked it up friday. i actully just got back from selling the bayliner so this post may be broke up cause i wrote half before i left.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That stinks. I know you and the wife put quite a bit of work into the boat. At least you got rid of it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Jul 20 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That stinks. I know you and the wife put quite a bit of work into the boat. At least you got rid of it.

yea but i thiink it would have cost more to take a class at some college to learn what i did on that project. i now know more about boats than i ever wanted too i think i pushed some useless car knowledge out now.

·
Registered
181 Posts
here is what replaced it. 1979 (i like that year) Searay 22ft. top of the line fish finder gps combo, brand new stereo system, new interior, new top and cover and 350 orig hours got it from its orif owner he said it was store indoors its whole life and it looks like it. every thing was very well cared for. the owner was on of those few people that care about there things and treats it right.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That a sweet looking boat. Only thing that i see that is missing is some worm crap and fish slime. LOL

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
hey dirty, any traces of duran duran residue? LOL i seen your old boat on CL, that sucks to hear about the motor, you n the wife did a helll of a job on the bayliner, thats to bad, all that work for nothing. nice new boat though, doesnt look like you'll have to dump alotta time into it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
QUOTE(sshhiittyy @ Jul 20 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hey dirty, any traces of duran duran residue? LOL i seen your old boat on CL, that sucks to hear about the motor, you n the wife did a helll of a job on the bayliner, thats to bad, all that work for nothing. nice new boat though, doesnt look like you'll have to dump alotta time into it.

thats the best part we dont have to do any thing to it.

haha thats funy bowtiehater causse right after that pic we went out fishing and got it all full olf worm crap anfd the ole lady was loosing her mind over it hahha

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Dirty @ Jul 21 2009, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(sshhiittyy @ Jul 20 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hey dirty, any traces of duran duran residue? LOL i seen your old boat on CL, that sucks to hear about the motor, you n the wife did a helll of a job on the bayliner, thats to bad, all that work for nothing. nice new boat though, doesnt look like you'll have to dump alotta time into it.

haha thats funy bowtiehater causse right after that pic we went out fishing and got it all full olf worm crap anfd the ole lady was loosing her mind over it hahha

Tell her the boat floats better if it has fish slime on it and worm crap in it. Makes em more seaworthy. LOL

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
NICE NEW RIG

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Jul 21 2009, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Dirty @ Jul 21 2009, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(sshhiittyy @ Jul 20 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hey dirty, any traces of duran duran residue? LOL i seen your old boat on CL, that sucks to hear about the motor, you n the wife did a helll of a job on the bayliner, thats to bad, all that work for nothing. nice new boat though, doesnt look like you'll have to dump alotta time into it.

Tell her the boat floats better if it has fish slime on it and worm crap in it. Makes em more seaworthy. LOL

god trick for worms is rinse the dirt off them, then keep them on ice in cooler alot less messy to deal with

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
QUOTE(Dirty @ Jul 21 2009, 07:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(sshhiittyy @ Jul 20 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hey dirty, any traces of duran duran residue? LOL i seen your old boat on CL, that sucks to hear about the motor, you n the wife did a helll of a job on the bayliner, thats to bad, all that work for nothing. nice new boat though, doesnt look like you'll have to dump alotta time into it.

Dude that is a VERY DAMN NICE 79. I can't get over it's condition (from the pics anyway). Did it come with a trailer?

The ol lady flippin is hilarious. Mine drops worm jizz and plastic bait salt all over the place during april may and june but come july God save you if she sees a potato chip in your hand.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
quote name='sshhiittyy' post='895648' date='Jul 20 2009, 10:41 PM']hey dirty, any traces of duran duran residue? LOL i seen your old boat on CL, that sucks to hear about the motor, you n the wife did a helll of a job on the bayliner, thats to bad, all that work for nothing. nice new boat though, doesnt look like you'll have to dump alotta time into it.[/quote]

Exactly - sorry dude, you did do a lot of good work on the Bayliner... congrats on the new one, looks sweet!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.