Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I didn't see the initial post before it got pulled, but pretty much agree with a lot of the subsequent posters. The total lack of organization at the state tournaments is the reason why I quit participating in them. Sounds like things haven't changed. The pre tournament meeting and pairings takes way too long, and I'm still baffled why they don't have the day 2 pairings finalized before day 1 weigh-in. Expecting everyone to hang out for the entire drawn out weigh-in, and then hours after that to find out their day 2 partner is crazy. Stren Series never has this problem and they have way more anglers to worry about. Simply reverse the boat order for the day 2 blast off, and flip non-boaters every 2 boats (example--boat 1 and 2 switch co-anglers, 3 and 4, 5 and 6, etc....) That way you never have partners from that day draw each other again. Print day 2 partners name and cell on day 1 weigh slip, or post them on the weigh trailer. Inevitably, there will be broken down boats and a few will have to drop out, so deal with those on a case by case basis. Don't need to hold up the whole pairings in case someone drops.

I know being a board member is a thankless job, but that doesn't make half-assing it ok either. Some of this stuff, especially the pairings, is an easy fix.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Actually Jcox, there is a rule that penalizes for dropping out on day 2 of the state fishoff. Problem is, it isn't enforced. If it is enforced, it's only when it's convenient. Another board member went home early two years ago, and then showed up to fish at last years tournament. He was allowed to fish because the pres was afraid if he told that person he wouldn't be allowed to fish, another board member would pack up and go home and not help run the tournament!

A big problem with these state fish off's is that this is the biggest tournament most of these guys fish, and a lot of them don't have a clue. So any slight bit of non-organization is compounded.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.