Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

What has your life meant...

997 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  ThreeCrabs 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Too much time on my hands for reflection while out in the woods mushroom hunting.....

#2 ·
Wow, Bruno... was gonna say that was a very meaningful, well-thought out post..but what's up with the last sentence?I don't know anymore....and not sure if I should care.

#3 ·
It wasn't very well thought out....just what I'm feeling at this moment in time...

Like I said...is it worth it or are we just bullshi**ing ourselves

#4 ·
Ken

I am asking these same questions myself.....

I am finding that people that I have known for a long time aren't the people I thought they were. I am even questioning things and events in my life.

I was going to post something today but I just figured i post to many things similiar and peeps might be getting tired of it. But it helps to talk it out. I was talking with a good friend and she pointed out that we can not be stressin' about what has happened in the past and things we can not control.

BTW thanks Dr. Saleena for past help!
I keep reading "The Invitation"

#5 ·
Sending out a BIG HUG to you Ken...looks like you could use one buddy!

We get one crack at life...that's it. You have to do what it takes to make YOU happy, then your family & friends come next.

What will I leave this world? My children, they're children, and they're children's children will know their legacy - they will know where they came from and know the oldest stories that MY grandparents told me. My great grandchildren will know the Polish nursery rhymes my grandma taught me - that is generations old...that's ROOTS baby!

My children and they're children will have an embedded love for the great outdoors and Up North - I have been blessed enough to have been "taught" the beauty of this great state that we live in - my children have the same love for it that I do.....they will pass this on to their children and for THAT I take a deep breath and smile

So I'll never be the President or a Nobel Peace Prize winner - but I AM making my mark in this time that I'm here - I will NOT go unnoticed, and long after I'm gone the world will all be able to tell that "The Shandog Was Here".....and for THAT I smile

Peace, Kindness, Integrity, Honesty, Sharing, Giving, Loving, Caring -
YOU BETCHA!!!! I've bred 2 more of these kind of peeps. Kind of PROUD of that.

How do we justify the wrongs in our life? Well we are human Ken and the beauty of that is we can act just or injustly...humans have the capability to forgive and better a "bad" situation. Sometimes, justice (for whomever wronged us) is in the eyes of God, sometimes in the eyes of the law, sometimes it NEVER comes.

There are days when our crosses seem too heavy to carry, and we get through them somehow, some way. We are blessed and truly lucky to be here. Make the best of it - enjoy your loved ones and your friends. Do whatever it takes to make yourself happy - even if it is sitting in the middle of the woods having reflections on the "Big Scheme" of things. If you get too overwhelmed, then back the bus up a bit. This is your life and YOU CAN make your own rules to which you live by - you are the boss and captain of YOUR ship ~

This is a quote from one of my favorite books, and I hold this to be true:

"The day you were born,
somewhere a flower bloomed,
the sun shone even brighter,
and when the wind moved over the ocean,
it whispered your name...

You are a special person,
and the world is a better place
because YOU are in it."

I've rambled long enough. Enjoy Ken ~ have no regrets and look ahead......Life is Good!

#7 ·
Making A Difference

One day a man was walking along the seashore. He noticed that during the night many seashells and starfish had washed upon the shore.Throughly enjoying the morning sun and cool sea air, the man strolled for miles along the sand. Far off in the distance, he saw a small figure dancing. The man was joyous that someone was celebrating life in such a grand and uninhibited manner. As he drew closer, however, it became apparent that perhaps the figure was not dancing but was repeatedly performing some ritual. Approaching the small figure, the man noticed that it was a child. The girl was methodically picking up starfish from the shore and tossing them back into the surf. The man paused for a moment puzzled, then asked "Why are you throwing those starfish?" "If I leave these starfish on the beach", she replied, "the sun will dry them and they will die. So I'm throwing them back into the ocean because I want them to live". The man was silent for a moment, impressed with the child's thoughtfulness. Then he motioned up up and down the beach and said. "There must be millions of starfish along here! How can you possibly expect to make a difference?" The young girl pondered the man's words for a moment, then she slowly leaned over, reached down, and caefully picked up another starfish from the sand. Pulling back, she arched the starfish gently into the surf. She turned to the man and smiled. "You may be right," she said, "but I made a difference for that one!"

#8 ·
Those were some really awesome thoughts/insights you shared Shandog.
I think we all contribute, sometimes in ways we are not even aware of.

"you are the boss and captain of YOUR ship ~ "

Absolutely right!!!! Circumstances are neutral, how we perceive and act on them is our choice. it's not always easy, but I'm a better person when I choose to look at the positive.

I wish the same for you....and a big cyber hug to all of you!!!

#10 ·
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jun 12 2003, 10:44 PM)Sending out a BIG HUG to you Ken...looks like you could use one buddy!

We get one crack at life...that's it. You have to do what it takes to make YOU happy, then your family & friends come next.

What will I leave this world? My children, they're children, and they're children's children will know their legacy - they will know where they came from and know the oldest stories that MY grandparents told me. My great grandchildren will know the Polish nursery rhymes my grandma taught me - that is generations old...that's ROOTS baby!

My children and they're children will have an embedded love for the great outdoors and Up North - I have been blessed enough to have been "taught" the beauty of this great state that we live in - my children have the same love for it that I do.....they will pass this on to their children and for THAT I take a deep breath and smile

So I'll never be the President or a Nobel Peace Prize winner - but I AM making my mark in this time that I'm here - I will NOT go unnoticed, and long after I'm gone the world will all be able to tell that "The Shandog Was Here".....and for THAT I smile

Peace, Kindness, Integrity, Honesty, Sharing, Giving, Loving, Caring -
YOU BETCHA!!!! I've bred 2 more of these kind of peeps. Kind of PROUD of that.

How do we justify the wrongs in our life? Well we are human Ken and the beauty of that is we can act just or injustly...humans have the capability to forgive and better a "bad" situation. Sometimes, justice (for whomever wronged us) is in the eyes of God, sometimes in the eyes of the law, sometimes it NEVER comes.

There are days when our crosses seem too heavy to carry, and we get through them somehow, some way. We are blessed and truly lucky to be here. Make the best of it - enjoy your loved ones and your friends. Do whatever it takes to make yourself happy - even if it is sitting in the middle of the woods having reflections on the "Big Scheme" of things. If you get too overwhelmed, then back the bus up a bit. This is your life and YOU CAN make your own rules to which you live by - you are the boss and captain of YOUR ship ~

This is a quote from one of my favorite books, and I hold this to be true:

"The day you were born,
somewhere a flower bloomed,
the sun shone even brighter,
and when the wind moved over the ocean,
it whispered your name...

You are a special person,
and the world is a better place
because YOU are in it."

I've rambled long enough. Enjoy Ken ~ have no regrets and look ahead......Life is Good!

Shandog, that post came from your heart and it shows, words wisdom everyone can learn from.

The only thing that I can add is, every human desires a purpose, once that purpose has been discovered, your life mission has just begun. Find what you want and never let it go.........

#13 ·
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Aug 20 2003, 09:51 PM)I don't even want to post what happened to me today....I'm soooo stressed. I've been slamming beers and jellos shots, agh. They don't seem to be helping.
~~~~~~~~~HUG~~~~~~~~~~~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.