Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I personally like Chaplins, because it is close. I have found that the comedians travel from place to place so you might want to see who is best instead of where is best.

Does anybody know of any in Canada?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Sep 10 2003, 07:11 AM)Thoughts from the audience?
I agree with Hazy- Chaplins has always been good, but so is Joeys Comedy Club!!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Not saying this is the best but it's a fun night out.....Second City. It's cheap and pretty funny. After the show there's so many spots you can hit...Townpump, 5th Ave, Hockeytown, State Bar, ect ect there's nothing like being down in the D.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Sep 10 2003, 09:05 AM)Not saying this is the best but it's a fun night out.....Second City. It's cheap and pretty funny. After the show there's so many spots you can hit...Townpump, 5th Ave, Hockeytown, State Bar, ect ect there's nothing like being down in the D.

Ditto~!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everybody! I'll check into second city...

Hazy, I wouldn't know who is a good comedian by name...

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Chaplins is more of a big name comidian place....that's where your going to have to go to see Artie Lane or Jackie Martling when they come to town. So if you want to see a big name guy you need to go there. Second City is more local people doing SNL type stuff....still very funny.

G

·
just a little FYI
caroline rhea is going to be at chaplins soon
i saw that on the sign
i just forgot the dates.
i still like chaplins the best.

enjoy
keith

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i like chaplins, too.
in jan-feb-mar jack's turns the patio into a comedy club... pretty funny stuff, too. for my birthday he wants to get the unknown comic! wouldn't that be funny! everyone gets a paper bag when they walk in and we could be the unknown audience... lol!
i've seen caroline rhea...she's GOOD!
i've also seen judy tenuta, but that was in the dressing room at clothestime asking for my opinion about some crazy outfit she was going to buy.
we're also trying to get paulie shore for jack's.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Second City 1st

Mark Ridleys 2nd (Royal Oak is always fun after)

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
LSCN Boathouse is funny too

Fishing Sections with powerloading is also a hoot

The Improv is good

Michigan....I prefer chaplins

1 - 13 of 13 Posts