Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am new to this forum. I am CC or Carl C on other boating forums. I've boated on Lake St. Clair, the rivers, Lake Erie and Lake Huron for several years. I am not a lighthouse fanatic but am interested in them and like to photograph them, especially the off-shore lights. Last monday I spotted this light station at Algonac. It is not in any of my lighthouse books. Can anyone tell me about it? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE(CRC @ Jul 22 2009, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all. I am new to this forum. I am CC or Carl C on other boating forums. I've boated on Lake St. Clair, the rivers, Lake Erie and Lake Huron for several years. I am not a lighthouse fanatic but am interested in them and like to photograph them, especially the off-shore lights. Last monday I spotted this light station at Algonac. It is not in any of my lighthouse books. Can anyone tell me about it? Thanks.
THAT IS THE OLD ST. CLAIR FLATS COAST GUARD STATION

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Ditto the above... the "light" you see in the pic is one of many "range lights" along the river... large ships use the lights by lining up the forward range light with the rear light... puts them in the channel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts