Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since January , kiling after kiling and now they want built a new Cobo Center. For what 4 or 5 good shows per year

DETROIT -- An armored car employee was killed and his partner was critically wounded during an attempted robbery early this morning at a Comerica Bank branch.

Cmdr. Craig Schwartz, head of the Major Crimes Section, said Guardian armored car employee Jerald Kikkos, 36, of Harrison Township was killed in the shooting about 3:25 a.m. and his partner, Tommie Scott, 29, of Detroit, was critically wounded by the robber who apparently had been waiting for them.

The two men, carrying empty money bags, were going to service the automatic teller machine in the bank at 15261 Gratiot, just north of State Fair, in northeast Detroit.

While they walked toward the bank, a third employee, the armored car's driver, remained in the vehicle. As they were going to the bank entrance, the gunman, wearing a ski mask and armed with a semi-automatic rifle, stepped out of the darkness and announced a holdup, Schwartz said.

Then, for some unknown reason, the robber opened fire, shooting more than 20 bullets, hitting Kikkos and Scott, from no more than 20 feet away, Schwartz said. Then the gunman fired two shots at the driver, cracking the armored car's windshield, but not hurting him.

The gunman then fled on foot without getting anything as the driver called police.

Scott was rushed to St. John Hospital in Detroit where he is in critical condition.

The fatal shooting comes just two days after two Detroit Police officers were shot to death during a traffic stop and after city officials recently announced a new program to combat a dramatic increase in gun violence since the first of the year.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Im thought the same thing this morning. I saw the news report of the guy who killed the 2 cops...he was in the courtroom being all dramatic in front of the judge. 2 officiers had to hold him up during his hearing with the Judge. As he was walking to the car he was saying "I am sorry ...I didin't know what I was doing" That is SUCH bull$hit! The guy blows away 2 cops and doesn't know what he was doing!

I think that Detroit still has the Coleman Young types. Until the Coleman Young types are removed from power the city will struggle We need a beefed up police force and smarter people making decisions for the city of Detroit. In my opinion Quamy doesn't have what it takes as a leader for Detroit. Take a look at Chicago and then look at Detroit. Look at Chicago's downtown waterfront...then look at Detroit.

My heart and prayers go out to all the families

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm like Hazy in that I don't have a habit of watching the daily news...but I do hear what's going on and I read about it. Even though the Detroit Metropolitan area has so much to offer, I find myself very cautious when I'm in the community at large. Especially when a seedy/shady character comes into the establishment I'm at (whether it be corner store, gas station, hardware store, plumbing store, mobile phone store) or comes near me in an open parking structure (like Meiers, WalMart, Macomb Mall, Joe Louis/Cobo, etc.). It's a mad, mad, mad world around us peeps. It's happening in more places than Detroit, but Detroit is one of the very worst!!! But I was born here and keep getting drawn back in, instinctually/innately. I just keep on keeping on, in faith.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
WELL COPS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO REPRIMAND THESE PEOPLE ON THE STREET, (BEAT THEIR DRUG DEALING, PEOPLE HARMING A$$ES) WITH OUT FEAR OF BEING SUED AND FIRED, SO DETROIT IS A FREE FOR ALL.
THANK YOU POLITICIANS WHO ARE ROLLING OVER TO ALL THESE LIBERALS, AND SISSY RIGHTS ACTIVISTS ECT...AND "THE NAACP" !

SO YOU ARE SCREWED AS AN HONEST CITIZEN, CRIMINALS HAVE THE UPPER HAND AND OUR LAW MAKERS FEEL THAT IS OK.....

DETROIT, SHOULD BE NUKED, I PERSONALLY HATE DETROIT, NOTHING GOOD ABOUT IT, IT IS A GARBAGE INFESTED SCUM POT MONEY SCAMMING JAG OFFS

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Makes me insane. This is one more reason I don't want kids. I don't want to bring kids into this sick world.
I was watching the news a while back about a cop getting killed.
The person that shot him was continually saying "I'm sorry I didn't now he was a police officer" Why should it matter if he was a cop or not?

This world is going to crap real fast.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Feb 18 2004, 10:22 AM)I don't watch the news anymore. I like my little imaginary bubble.

It's not just Detroit, it's all over.

me too. lol... i do read the papers and watch the news to stay on top of things, but man... it's disheartening to see how people behave.

on a side note, i've been thinking today is tuesday. it's really wednesday. man....

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Feb 18 2004, 10:46 AM)WELL COPS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO REPRIMAND THESE PEOPLE ON THE STREET, (BEAT THEIR DRUG DEALING, PEOPLE HARMING A$$ES) WITH OUT FEAR OF BEING SUED AND FIRED, SO DETROIT IS A FREE FOR ALL.
THANK YOU POLITICIANS WHO ARE ROLLING OVER TO ALL THESE LIBERALS, AND SISSY RIGHTS ACTIVISTS ECT...AND "THE NAACP" !

SO YOU ARE SCREWED AS AN HONEST CITIZEN, CRIMINALS HAVE THE UPPER HAND AND OUR LAW MAKERS FEEL THAT IS OK.....

DETROIT, SHOULD BE NUKED, I PERSONALLY HATE DETROIT, NOTHING GOOD ABOUT IT, IT IS A GARBAGE INFESTED SCUM POT MONEY SCAMMING JAG OFFS
Don't hold back Eddie, tell us how you really feel about Detroit

·
Registered
338 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Feb 18 2004, 10:46 AM)DETROIT, SHOULD BE NUKED, I PERSONALLY HATE DETROIT, NOTHING GOOD ABOUT IT, IT IS A GARBAGE INFESTED SCUM POT MONEY SCAMMING JAG OFFS
Unless you are from St. Clair County, then you too live in Detroit, my brother. Yes, Oakland County is in the mix! You haven't moved...why not?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Feb 18 2004, 10:46 AM)WELL COPS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO REPRIMAND THESE PEOPLE ON THE STREET, (BEAT THEIR DRUG DEALING, PEOPLE HARMING A$$ES) WITH OUT FEAR OF BEING SUED AND FIRED, SO DETROIT IS A FREE FOR ALL.

I agree the whole damn city should be ruled like Marshal Law ........

Anyone with a unregisered gun should be shot on site....

Anyone selling drugs shot on site.....

Crimes against women and children public caned to death.......

That might straighten out the riff raff.....

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
It because of a ghetto mentality. The ghetto is just filled with kids and houses without water and electricity. But they don't care, they just run cords from house to house scamming along the way. Alot has to go with politicians, but alot has to due with the mentality and generations being brought up the same way. I have a friend who has real estate down there and another friend who is a detroit cop, and my step dad is a sheriff at the jail down there. If you heard the stories, you would be absolutely amazed. All of them say whatever is normal to you and me, reverse it 180 degrees and that is what they think is normal. Education is the key to getting these people to change....just my opinion....

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Dont let them leave. Put a big fence up all around the hole city.... When they realize their not a loud to leave maybe theyll take better care of the place.

·
Registered
666 Posts
The easier thing to answer is probably "what is right with Detroit"?

#1.

Oh well, at least it doesn't take up much space.

It is not the guns that are the problem, it is the people behind them. My junior high offered the Michigan Hunter Safety course to 8 graders. My high school had a pistol club, and yes we had a range in the basement of the school and a club that used it.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Good idea teach them to shoot better so they can kill themselves quicker with less innocent people getting shot.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(Jason R @ Feb 18 2004, 10:46 AM)This is one more reason I don't want kids. I don't want to bring kids into this sick world.
My thoughts exactly.

The problem is not only in Detroit, but everywhere. It is just especially bad in Detroit.

Mini

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
HOW DO YOU TEACH SOMEONE, LIF IS PRECIOUS ?
HOW DO YOU TEACH SOMEONE NOT TO RUIN YOIUR OWN HOME?
HOW DO YOU TEACH SOMEONE DRUGS ARE ILLEGAL?

I JUST HATE DETROIT, THEY HAVE NO CONCEPT ON HOW PRECIOUS LIFE IS, THEY WILL SHOOT YOU WHEN THEY ROB YOU FOR $10.00 AND NOT CARE.........

JUST NASTY, A NASTY NASTY PLACE ON EARTH.

WHAT CAN WE DO TO FIX IT......???????

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Right on Eddie. Can't believe there is really gonna be a superbowl here in 2 years. It's gonna be a free for all!!

Yeah, life has no real value in Detroit and pulling the trigger or degree of severity in crimes is not a consideration to the criminals themselves. If you place no value on life than to them you are just another opportunity to make a quick buck!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It is a lot of good people still live in Detroit . I feel sorry for them .
Not everybody can move out and They suffer a lot - insurance ( almost double in some cases , house or car ) city service( if is such of thing ) crime , dirty streets. When my uncle from Poland visited me few years ago I made a statement " Detroit looks like Warsaw after World War 2.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts