Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I like to just be alone, other I like to gather with friends (like we've done) and just forget it!

Today I feel like running up and down the street screaming like a mad man.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Take it all in...

feel all the pain... (yeah, I suck at this one... feel it for years!!!)

understand it...

look outside the pain...

to everything that is beautiful in life...

let it slide into the past...

smile and embrace the present

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
well run up and down the street , with the beer !

if someone pi$$es me off, i cast them to eternal damnation

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
A massage, A pedicure, A jaccuzzi bath...always something I do for myself...just learned to do things for ME this year...

AND if that doesn't work - A long FAST, HARD ride in the Saleen - blasting KID ROCK "You ain't never Met..." ALWAYS DOES THE TRICK!!!!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ May 29 2003, 09:21 PM)Take it all in...

feel all the pain... (yeah, I suck at this one... feel it for years!!!)

understand it...

look outside the pain...

to everything that is beautiful in life...

let it slide into the past...

smile and embrace the present
Did you read "The Invitation"....sounds like words of wisdom from that book....

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
SEX....

J/K

I like to surround myself w/ great friends

Go for rides in the Saleen....better yet...DRIVE the Saleen

but sex does help too ........hehe

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ May 29 2003, 09:21 PM)well run up and down the street , with the beer !

laughing out loud, eddie!!!!

and yes, you do!!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
Here is the inspiration behind it:

The Invitation
by Oriah Mountain Dreamer

It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.

It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.

It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the center of your own sorrow, if you have been opened by life's betrayals or have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain! I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it or fade it, or fix it.

I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own, if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, to be realistic, to remember the limitations of being human.

It doesn't interest me if the story you are telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself; if you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul; if you can be faithless and therefore trustworthy.

I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day, and if you can source your own life from its presence.

I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand on the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, "Yes!"

It doesn't interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up, after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone, and do what needs to be done to feed the children.

It doesn't interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back.

It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you, from the inside, when all else falls away.

I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.

by
Oriah Mountain Dreamer
copyright © 1999 by Oriah Mountain Dreamer.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ May 29 2003, 08:25 PM)QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ May 29 2003, 09:21 PM) well run up and down the street , with the beer !

laughing out loud, eddie!!!!

and yes, you do!!!

there are a few that are there !

duz that mak me a bad person,.... i simply have no tolerance for certain acts, certain people

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
It doesn't interest me if the story you are telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself; if you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul; if you can be faithless and therefore trustworthy

like that one...

is there more????

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I'll go out into the woods and take in mother natures sights and sounds and watch the wild things. If it is hunting season I might even kill me some dinner.
Or I'll go out to Metro and watch the WILD things.
Maybe catch me some desert.
Being in the woods and by or on the water always relaxes me.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ May 29 2003, 08:16 PM)Sometimes I like to just be alone, other I like to gather with friends (like we've done) and just forget it!

Today I feel like running up and down the street screaming like a mad man.
dude, just "GO POSTAL"
we will all chip in, bake you a cake with files in it, so you can carve your a$$ outta the slammer, before bubba decides you should be the "Slammee"

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
Someone "anonymously" put that poem in my work mailbox awhile ago...I hung it in my office - read it every day...then bought the book. It has been very inspirational to me ... I am glad that I was able to share it with you

1 - 20 of 55 Posts