Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!! Was just thinking about how much success I have had on this lake fishing my tubes and tube jigs this spring. I go back and forth and throw different rigs each trip down, but I always seem to fall back on my trusty tube jigs. So.... I was just curious to see the varied answers to this question? What is your go-to lure? When all else fails, what do you tie on? Thought it would be interesting to hear everyones answer from newbies (like me) to the "experienced" guys.

Zak

·
Registered
528 Posts
I've only fished LSC once, bu have been fishing for years.

When everything else is failing and making me cranky, I tie on a crank bait. Its not that this one is the "best" as most will do, but its my confidence bait...bass and pike hammer it on inland local lakes and northern lakes int eh Torch lake area. I have them in several colors.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...__SearchResults

And I also have a set of these as well. I've caught more northerns and walleye on them than bass, but they work well to my satisfaction.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...0005000_100-5-1

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Fail? Well I try not to but, when I have one of those days that seems like nothing is working my Go To has to be a Mepps spinner.
Not doubt they appeal to a wide variety of fish, from rock bass to muskie.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have good luck with rage craw w/ 1/4 oz bullet wt and zoom tubes same set up i've caught a bunch of bass at the point (metro). yesterday out at the dnr site at south river rd a nice bass probably 4-5 ibs with a red eye shad and thurs. with my daughter 2 pike less than 2 ft with the red eye good luck guys it will be hotter this week

·
Registered
36 Posts
QUOTE(sirfishalot @ Jul 5 2009, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dynamite or C4......seriously though, lately it's been a 4in gulp minnow on split shot rig got that trick from Bassnbrian

Storm Hot n TOt by far Best crankbait for all species imo

·
Registered
958 Posts
If everything else fails I go to a rattlin rap. Typically the one that looks like a largemouth. No matter whats going on I can always catch something on it.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
well that is a very interesting question that depends on a lot of things. So I can't answer it correctly without more information lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(sirfishalot @ Jul 5 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dynamite or C4......seriously though, lately it's been a 4in gulp minnow on split shot rig got that trick from Bassnbrian

Nice!! Just remember a 5 second fuse only lasts 3 seconds!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool. A nice variety of go-to lures for different folks. It's nice to hear the answers from anglers of different experience levels. That's why I like this forum, you have guys that have just started to fish, and guys who have been fishing longer than I have been around
Now if I can just find some of that dynamite lure..

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
If I'm on the SCR during the day time and the weather conditions are still pretty good but, the Walleye just won't bite. I will either switch over to pulling wire and start with the usual type of bait and presentation for that time of year, or I'll switch over to chugging. There are still some older locals still living up here in the area who still favorite the chugging process because it always was and still is an easy way to pick up some walleye.

Chugging was one of the most popular ways of cathing eyes long before vertical jigging became popular. The biggest advantage that chugging has over vertical jigging is that it does not require the line to be directly up and down so there isn't any major concern of boat control, unless there is some very strong wind and small crafts probably shouldn't be out in it anyway.There is still a time every year during mid summer when chugging greatly produces over almost evey other type of fishing, especially vertical jigging.

When you see the boats line up almost in a line, resembling a parade, just north of the Barton Club starting at just the crack of day break and are bouncing their line off the bottom by hand while drifting, and flipping fish into their boat. The chance is they are chugging, just pay attention to how fast they limit out and go in with their limit of Walleyes.

·
Registered
533 Posts
QUOTE(sirfishalot @ Jul 5 2009, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dynamite or C4......seriously though, lately it's been a 4in gulp minnow on split shot rig got that trick from Bassnbrian
Sirfishalot - Are you fishing this rig like a fluke texas rigged? Sounds interesting.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Like junkster said. As of late the 10cm deep husky jerk has been the overall winner. If I had to fish to eat, and could choose only one lure, that would be it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Zoom U-tail pumpkin chartruese with shakey head seems to catch an array of fish in nearly every body ive fished at as of late. I picked up 9 northerns on it this spring. From shore!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
QUOTE(sirfishalot @ Jul 5 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dynamite or C4......seriously though, lately it's been a 4in gulp minnow on split shot rig got that trick from Bassnbrian

i do that but with shiners

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
ill have to go with BigDog here and say Mepps. When all else fails, it seems that a mepps will come thru. My choices are #4 gold aglia, #5 firetiger or #5 RBT aglia. We all know H20 will say the same thing LOL. well, maybe just #5 RBT.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts