Mine,

Partner and I pulled a double!

His was a 21 pound bird 9 3/4 beard 1 1/8 spurs

Mine 20 pound bird 10 1/2 beard 1 1/4

Had us pinned for two hours

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Having my 11 year old daughter join me in the deer blind for a couple days of hunting. No success but I was still tickled pink that she would join me and sit patiently waiting for a big buck.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Top Gun @ Jan 28 2004, 06:27 AM)Having my 11 year old daughter join me in the deer blind for a couple days of hunting. No success but I was still tickled pink that she would join me and sit patiently waiting for a big buck.

Those are precious mmoments! TG! I was hoping to get my 11 year old(she'll be 12 at the time of hunt) out with me this year to hunt, can't get her enrolled in time for Hunter safety for permit time.

She'll be with me thought in the field....my designated caller

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I have two if that's allowed....

1. My first deer shot with a bow, it was a forkhorn and I shot it while sitting in a tree that three people told me was a bad place to sit. "No deer run thru there anymore..." I think that's what they kept saying.

B. The first bird my Britt pointed on our 1998 trip to S.D. It was the first bird pointed on the trip and also the biggest bird bagged on the trip. Who needs them GSP's, I'll stick with my longhair.....

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(NoCode @ Jan 28 2004, 06:49 PM)Who needs them GSP's, I'll stick with my longhair.....

HEY

J/K She is out of commision-Bad Knee

Friend had Britt's and another had English

Any dog is a joy to see in action!

·
Registered
382 Posts
got this one with my bow this year, But its not my personal best i got a nice big 8 almost a 9 with my bow last year. my wife (reel estate) has taken a couple nice bucks with her bow(more than most of my buds lol!) to I'm sure she'll be posting pics of them real soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
I don’t know if this is my proudest moment whilst a woods but it is my most memorable. It was about 20 years ago during the last weekend of rifle season and I decided that I was no longer going to sit in box and wait for deer to come to me. I grabbed my little lever action .44 carbine and took off into the swamp near where I was staying. I was sneaking through the swamp when all of a sudden about 10 feet away around a large tree appears a 5 point buck. He looked me square in the eye and he knew that he had made a mistake. I shot and he fell into a river. I had to get soaked to get him out of the river but I did. Anyway, that single hunt changed the way I have hunted ever since. I now spend most of my deer hunting time during rifle season still-hunting and I don’t feel so much like I am just waiting for something to happen but rather I make it happen.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
I envy all of you! I wish that I had the patience to do that. The reward is so great in many ways.
Pride
Joy
Success
Accomplishment, achievement
Dinner
Nice decorations when stuffed and mounted

1 - 8 of 8 Posts