Registered
10,622 Posts
PollyWog, soon to form into a frog.

h2o

Attachments

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
QUOTE(landj @ Nov 9 2009, 06:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have a friend whos pond is infested with these critters and we dont know what they are, at first in spring we thought they were tadpoles, appreciate any help

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
I think it is a tadpole but I know it is a fantastic bass bait. We had some big tadpoles on a fly in trip and the bass came from everywhere to eat them.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
QUOTE(Old Man of the Sea @ Nov 9 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(ShiverMeTimbers @ Nov 9 2009, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bullfrog baby.
Better known as frog legs in about one year baby.

You know it. I get all excited when a bunch of those show up in my pond.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats what we were thinking at first, except these things have been there since April and thats a small one some are much larger. So we were thinking maybe catfish, just never saw tadpoles stay tadpoles for 5 months. Cool thanks for the answers, he literally has millions of them,

·
Registered
333 Posts
QUOTE(Freek @ Nov 9 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Mini @ Nov 9 2009, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks like its plastic to me...
I would put $ that it's plastic!

It IS plastic. A little metal there too. There's a metal wheel at the top. Turn that and in the same motion, hold down the red plastic button. This yellow & orange thing comes out that gets really hot.

·
Registered
701 Posts
QUOTE(Jim tenHaaf @ Nov 9 2009, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Freek @ Nov 9 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Mini @ Nov 9 2009, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks like its plastic to me...
I would put $ that it's plastic!

It IS plastic. A little metal there too. There's a metal wheel at the top. Turn that and in the same motion, hold down the red plastic button. This yellow & orange thing comes out that gets really hot.

If i were only that funny well.... i'd be rich!

·
Registered
526 Posts
You can buy big bull frog tadpoles, prolly at imlay city fish farm, they are said to eat birds and fish when full grown, and they take over a year to mature, I have seen them in columbus twsp in the belle river.

reason for edit:add picture

Attachments

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(gldnrcher @ Nov 9 2009, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You can buy big bull frog tadpoles, prolly at imlay city fish farm, they are said to eat birds and fish when full grown, and they take over a year to mature, I have seen them in columbus twsp in the belle river.

reason for edit:add picture

that avatar cracks me up

1 - 20 of 22 Posts