Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After completing two PS Courses I was indecisive of what PS club to join (Still haven't yet). Was tossing between Mount Clemens and Anchor Bay.

Got me thinking....I know there are alot out there, and I;ve heard advantages/disadvantages of some.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I belong to Sand Pointe Yacht Club. We are a traveling club and we hit different marinas every other weekend through out the summer. Threecrabs and Hammer are also members.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(afiremen @ Aug 2 2003, 10:07 AM)I belong to Sand Pointe Yacht Club. We are a traveling club and we hit different marinas every other weekend through out the summer. Threecrabs and Hammer are also members.
Cool link!

I'm sure we'll get more responses after the weekend!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Gary,

I belong to the Mount Clemens Power Squadron as does Bill272 and Freckles.

If you would like to join let me know, we would be happy to have you..

Greg

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(greg e @ Aug 2 2003, 11:09 AM)Gary,

I belong to the Mount Clemens Power Squadron as does Bill272 and Freckles.

If you would like to join let me know, we would be happy to have you..

Greg
I had a class From MC also....

What happened to the MC site....did Gail move to Arizona????

Why did they (PS) take over the site?????

·
Registered
70 Posts
Gary,

Ron and Gail did move to Arizona. In fact there were in town last week visiting. They joined us at our rendevous in Goose Bay.

Another person takes care of the web site now. The web site is mc-ps.org. I think Ron wanted to move on and let someone else handle.

MCPS is growing with a new people and lots of activities.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(greg e @ Aug 2 2003, 11:41 AM)Gary,

Ron and Gail did move to Arizona. In fact there were in town last week visiting. They joined us at our rendevous in Goose Bay.

Another person takes care of the web site now. The web site is mc-ps.org. I think Ron wanted to move on and let someone else handle.

MCPS is growing with a new people and lots of activities.
Thanks...I updated my link...

Gail was a good person...she was a good teacher. Hpefully when I get my boat I will put her and Ron's good advise to use.

One comment still sticks in my mind In discussion comparing AB to MC.

"OH Join ours cause we're known as the party chapter of the District 9 PS."

My cousin is in AB. He says AB is....

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I belong to Mount Clemens but I hang out with Anchor Bay once in a while.
I take some classes them them also.
I have found Anchor Bay to be a little bit older crowd.(not that's that's a bad thing).
I will keep hanging with both til they tell me not to.

They both have there high points and low points......

NoCode

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
i didnt know you could join the ps how much is it a year? ... i took a class long time ago at troy high , real long time ago ,

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's pretty cheap I think I pay around $70.00-75.00/yr for 1 active & 1 family member. Each squadron has it's own flavor so to speak. The Power Squadron's a good club because the emphasis is on boater education.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The membership is also tax deductible along with a discount on boat insurance.

I still think MC is known as the party squadron.

·
AKA gcalan
334 Posts
hey gary,

i'm not a member, but i took the basic ps class in grosse pointe. all of the members were pretty cool.

also, i talked to dave and dawn this weekend and mentioned to them about all of us going to the moot for the tot lot next sunday. dave said he'd talk to you about it.

later,
gus

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(afiremen @ Aug 2 2003, 10:07 AM)I belong to Sand Pointe Yacht Club. We are a traveling club and we hit different marinas every other weekend through out the summer. Threecrabs and Hammer are also members.
HA! No pics of me!!! SPYC!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I belong to Y-Knot BoatClub. We are also a traveling club and we hit different marinas every other weekend through out the summer. and know some of the members from sand point. and also belong to the International Order of thee Blue Gavel which is for Past Commodores.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Aug 3 2003, 11:16 PM)QUOTE(afiremen @ Aug 2 2003, 10:07 AM) I belong to Sand Pointe Yacht Club. We are a traveling club and we hit different marinas every other weekend through out the summer. Threecrabs and Hammer are also members.
HA! No pics of me!!! SPYC!
YET!!!!

I like the club name Chris...Hey... Why knot!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts