Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's my wifes B'Day and she wants me to take her somewhere on the boat. I am not looking to go really far since I launch my boat at the Clinton River DNR. Places I have been: Tin Fish, Browns, Deckers.

I have never been to beach grill (not many people rave about it), Jacks ( I know many people on this board seem to like it), Crews Inn.

Any help is appreciated!!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
My vote is for Tin Fish, but docking can be creative. If you want to run to Canada, try Lily Kazilly's. Good docking and decent food. The Beach Grill is good, but weekend evenings can get wild.

Getting there (by boat) is half or most of the fun...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear the Beach Grill is overated, at least for food. Wild level I am sure It is crazy, I used to go there when It was Brownies on the weekends.

Somebody at work said that BUD's is called something new and they had good food. Does anyone know what its called and if thats true??

·
12,052 Posts
Best food?? Crews inn or Beach Grille. Period.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I gotta agree with the earlier mention of Bud's, now called Bobby Mac's Bayside Tavern. It's near the DNR launch site in Fair Haven. The same fellow owns the Stoney Creek Roadhouse and MacRae's Big River Grill in Algonac. The food is great, prices are OK, and it is easy in and out.

There aren't too many slips but, oddly, there aren't as many boats stopping there as some other joints. He doesn't have an outside deck yet, although I understand one is planned, and it's not a wild, hopping sort of place. But for a nice meal on the water, we love it!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Beachcombers, Crews Inn, both on Clinton river, can be very busy, and only a couple of slips. You also have to go past Macomb County Sheriffs to go in and out of Clinton river, while it's not too big of a deal I've heard some others get rousted for trivial things (door to bow open on bowrider)

Can you share the Lat/Long of Bobby Mac's Bayside Tavern?

Tin Fish is good, I've been there a couple of times in the past two weeks, I think they are a bit too pricey, but great service.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(EDBDBOAT @ Jun 6 2003, 06:52 PM)Beachcombers, Crews Inn, both on Clinton river, can be very busy, and only a couple of slips. You also have to go past Macomb County Sheriffs to go in and out of Clinton river, while it's not too big of a deal I've heard some others get rousted for trivial things (door to bow open on bowrider)

Can you share the Lat/Long of Bobby Mac's Bayside Tavern?

Tin Fish is good, I've been there a couple of times in the past two weeks, I think they are a bit too pricey, but great service.
Beachcombers had great breakfasts, is bumpers now.
haven't had there food.

crew inn, very good.
jack's very good
andiamos very very good, but no actual docking, atleast i don't think, you would have to dock at emerald or something and walk over, not 100% though.
tin fish, very very good

pj's riverhouse, on the clinton river ( across from gibralter trade center) very good too !
running out of resteraunts on the water on our side.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the info. I ended up at Beach Grill. The food was good. I will have to try out some of the other places soon. I ended up going by car, the sky didn't look too good once I got out of work.

·
Registered
531 Posts
QUOTEBeachcombers had great breakfasts, is bumpers now.

Sail Inn, Candles, Beachcombers now Bumpers, ....oops wait i think it's going to change again

I was stationed at Selfridge for 18 years, I've seenit change hands soooo many times.

·
Registered
713 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ Jun 6 2003, 11:06 AM)Best food?? Crews inn or Beach Grille. Period.
I'm with Hammer on this one Crews Inn food is pretty darn good!!

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(EDBDBOAT @ Jun 7 2003, 09:47 PM)Sail Inn, Candles, Beachcombers now Bumpers, ....oops wait i think it's going to change again

I was stationed at Selfridge for 18 years, I've seenit change hands soooo many times.

???

Sail Inn - end of hall road - buldozed for years

Candles - Tom's oyster bar (or blue something) - the barge - south river road.

Beachcombers - Bumpers - North river road.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(EDBDBOAT @ Jun 7 2003, 09:47 PM)QUOTEBeachcombers had great breakfasts, is bumpers now.

Sail Inn, Candles, Beachcombers now Bumpers, ....oops wait i think it's going to change again

You forgot Johnson's,

and the light house

·
Registered
419 Posts
is AJ's on the St. Clair river still open? I went there a couple times last year and it was good. Plus they have a huge outdoor patio and you can watch the freighters and other boats go by.

·
Registered
896 Posts
No one went to the Sail Inn to eat.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts