Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Rumors are it is temp. Another rumor is it will be WDFN.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was nice to have a change from 99.5, which is getting stale IMO. I hate formatted radio, and loops of the same songs over and over, that you can set your clock by. Although 106.7 fell into that trap eventually, they werent so bad, and they started off right, so what gives, this is BS!!!!

·
"Commodore of the ToT LoT"
2,809 Posts
I work for WYCD 99.5 and this is a HUGE win for us!! Our station was always number one in Detroit's market for the country format and now we are the only one. We were always live and local with such huge events as the "Hoe Down" and our Keney Chesney "Summer Beach Bash". The Fox could never compete with this as they were voice tracked(pre-recorded) from somewhere else in the country with no local DJ's as WYCD has. Our station's program manager is totally committed to the Country Format and continues to keep the station fresh with all the latest music.

Yes…..I'm a bit bias……….oh well!! WYCD is number one and the only one!!!

Cheers!!!

XO

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(XO @ Sep 5 2009, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I work for WYCD 99.5 and this is a HUGE win for us!! Our station was always number one in Detroit's market for the country format and now we are the only one. We were always live and local with such huge events as the "Hoe Down" and our Keney Chesney "Summer Beach Bash". The Fox could never compete with this as they were voice tracked(pre-recorded) from somewhere else in the country with no local DJ's as WYCD has. Our station's program manager is totally committed to the Country Format and continues to keep the station fresh with all the latest music.

Yes&#8230;..I'm a bit bias&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.oh well!! WYCD is number one and the only one!!!

Cheers!!!

XO

OK nothing aginst WYD, but they refuse to play david coe, even late, I only hear patsy, hank sr, and charlie on sunday!! It would be awsome to break from the super easy format crap and mix ir up and play what peeps want to hear, throw in some skynnard, jones, waylen all of the good stuff, sh!t some nugent wouldent hurt my feelings. But it is the same stuff day in day out, a new song comes out and you can set your clock by it!! JMO Still an ok station, I will listen to it until 107.1 gets in range

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Sep 5 2009, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(XO @ Sep 5 2009, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I work for WYCD 99.5 and this is a HUGE win for us!! Our station was always number one in Detroit's market for the country format and now we are the only one. We were always live and local with such huge events as the "Hoe Down" and our Keney Chesney "Summer Beach Bash". The Fox could never compete with this as they were voice tracked(pre-recorded) from somewhere else in the country with no local DJ's as WYCD has. Our station's program manager is totally committed to the Country Format and continues to keep the station fresh with all the latest music.

Yes&#8230;..I'm a bit bias&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.oh well!! WYCD is number one and the only one!!!

Cheers!!!

XO

OK nothing aginst WYD, but they refuse to play david coe, even late, I only hear patsy, hank sr, and charlie on sunday!! It would be awsome to break from the super easy format crap and mix ir up and play what peeps want to hear, throw in some skynnard, jones, waylen all of the good stuff, sh!t some nugent wouldent hurt my feelings. But it is the same stuff day in day out, a new song comes out and you can set your clock by it!! JMO Still an ok station, I will listen to it until 107.1 gets in range

Yeah, what he said, oh, and skip the Taylor Swift stuff, pretty please?

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
107.1 is WYCD's sis station.

THe Fox had it right, they listend to their listners. The had a great mix of old school and new, though im a new school kinda guy. Now i get to listnen to over played songs and listen to too many people talk and lil music. Im sad to see the Fox go but thats life.

That is the only reason WYCD is still goin, they have the hoe down and kenny. I believe they have those where no else can tocuh them. Oh well i guess i need to burn some cd's or get some new ones.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
BD,

I love TS, shes hot and has some good music, though schram hates her. LOL we had a conversation on that one when we were ski fishing. Funny stuff their.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(RipNLips @ Sep 5 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>BD,

I love TS, shes hot and has some good music, though schram hates her. LOL we had a conversation on that one when we were ski fishing. Funny stuff their.

She will be hot when she is of age!!! Man I am old!! Carey Underwood, Gretchen Wilson(HOOOOOOOT!!) Merinda Lambert(She can shoot a bow!!)

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Goose @ Sep 5 2009, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>rumor is, terrestrial radio sucks

get sirius, you will never go back....

Ditto!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
QUOTE(XO @ Sep 5 2009, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I work for WYCD 99.5 and this is a HUGE win for us!! Our station was always number one in Detroit's market for the country format and now we are the only one. We were always live and local with such huge events as the "Hoe Down" and our Keney Chesney "Summer Beach Bash". The Fox could never compete with this as they were voice tracked(pre-recorded) from somewhere else in the country with no local DJ's as WYCD has. Our station's program manager is totally committed to the Country Format and continues to keep the station fresh with all the latest music.

Cheers!!!

XO

Big win for WYCD since they don't have any competition anymore, big loss for the consumer!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts